BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

A route with waypoints refuses to autoroute in Nav III

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jkersh1 
#1 ·
I have a strange problem with my Nav III+. I just used it on a trip for the first time and also tried to use routes for the first time. I created a separate route for each day of the trip using the Harley-Davidson Ride Planner. Ok, stop laughing! I find it nicer to use than MapSource.

Anyway, the automatically generated routes to the destination weren't what I desired, so I adjusted the route using waypoints entered via the rubber banding feature of the ride planner. I had to add from 1 waypoint to a couple dozen to force the route I wanted. I then downloaded the route into the Nav III from Ride Planner. All seemed OK until the morning of hte trip when I tried to navigate using the route. All I got were straight lines direct from origin to waypoints to destination! No autorouting on highways at all. It was like it was set up for aviation use rather than motorcycle use. I checked to make sure it wasn't in hiking mode and it wasn't. I could not figure out how to get it to autoroute between the waypoints.

I searched the forum and didn't yet find anything concerning this. Has anyone else seem this? I will try a route and MapSource to try to determine if this is just an issue with how the Ride Planner loaded the route into the Nav III or if it is an issue with the GPS itself.

If anyone knows what is going on here or knows of a thread that has covered this before, please give me a pointer.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've used Ride Planner for some route planning, but have taken the extra step of loading the route into Mapsource, recalc'ing, and then loading into the GPS.

You might try having the GPS recalculate the route and see what happens. I don't remember exactly, but doesn't the GPS have a setup option to Autoroute or straight line? "Off road" under Route Preferences enables straight line navigation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.