A route with waypoints refuses to autoroute in Nav III - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jul 10th, 2010, 9:13 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

A route with waypoints refuses to autoroute in Nav III

I have a strange problem with my Nav III+. I just used it on a trip for the first time and also tried to use routes for the first time. I created a separate route for each day of the trip using the Harley-Davidson Ride Planner. Ok, stop laughing! I find it nicer to use than MapSource.

Anyway, the automatically generated routes to the destination weren't what I desired, so I adjusted the route using waypoints entered via the rubber banding feature of the ride planner. I had to add from 1 waypoint to a couple dozen to force the route I wanted. I then downloaded the route into the Nav III from Ride Planner. All seemed OK until the morning of hte trip when I tried to navigate using the route. All I got were straight lines direct from origin to waypoints to destination! No autorouting on highways at all. It was like it was set up for aviation use rather than motorcycle use. I checked to make sure it wasn't in hiking mode and it wasn't. I could not figure out how to get it to autoroute between the waypoints.

I searched the forum and didn't yet find anything concerning this. Has anyone else seem this? I will try a route and MapSource to try to determine if this is just an issue with how the Ride Planner loaded the route into the Nav III or if it is an issue with the GPS itself.

If anyone knows what is going on here or knows of a thread that has covered this before, please give me a pointer.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jul 11th, 2010, 12:05 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: A route with waypoints refuses to autoroute in Nav III

I've used Ride Planner for some route planning, but have taken the extra step of loading the route into Mapsource, recalc'ing, and then loading into the GPS.

You might try having the GPS recalculate the route and see what happens. I don't remember exactly, but doesn't the GPS have a setup option to Autoroute or straight line? "Off road" under Route Preferences enables straight line navigation.

Motor On ,/'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in