Zumo 665 + Apparent Conflict Between Bluetooth and XM Receiver - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 10th, 2010, 9:08 am Thread Starter

Question Zumo 665 + Apparent Conflict Between Bluetooth and XM Receiver

I am just setting up my Zumo 665 with XM receiver and have the GPS unit paired with my Sanyo phone and my Autocom Logic w/ Bluetooth. I then purchased an XM radio subscription and am having problems receiving the XM broadcast with the bluetooth devices connected to the 665. As soon as I disconnect the Autocom from the Audio bluetooth connection in the GPS, my XM radio signal comes back strong. The phone connection does not seem to influence the quality of the XM signal reaching the receiver.

The GPS is mounted on the center section of a BMR Products shelf on my BMW R1200RT, and the GPS receiver is mounted on the left side on the same platform about 3 inches away from the 665, measured from the two closest points on each device. (The 665 documentation specifies a separation of at least 10 centimeters, which is almost 4 inches.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Solution? Optimum distance between the two devices to get maximum XM signal?

And, for those with R 1200 RT's, where would you mount the XM antenna to have it at least 4 inches away from the GPS device? Under the front fairing? Perhaps on top of the headlight module?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rush Shortley
Iowa City, IA
2009 R1200RT - Titan Silver (His)
2009 R1200RT - Sapphire Black - Lowered Suspension (Hers)
2005 K1200LT (Sold)
1969 R69S/2 (My first bike. Long gone but not forgotten.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 10th, 2010, 12:45 pm

Re: Zumo 665 + Apparent Conflict Between Bluetooth and XM Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMShortley
I am just setting up my Zumo 665 with XM receiver and have the GPS unit paired with my Sanyo phone and my Autocom Logic w/ Bluetooth. I then purchased an XM radio subscription and am having problems receiving the XM broadcast with the bluetooth devices connected to the 665. As soon as I disconnect the Autocom from the Audio bluetooth connection in the GPS, my XM radio signal comes back strong. The phone connection does not seem to influence the quality of the XM signal reaching the receiver.

The GPS is mounted on the center section of a BMR Products shelf on my BMW R1200RT, and the GPS receiver is mounted on the left side on the same platform about 3 inches away from the 665, measured from the two closest points on each device. (The 665 documentation specifies a separation of at least 10 centimeters, which is almost 4 inches.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Solution? Optimum distance between the two devices to get maximum XM signal?

And, for those with R 1200 RT's, where would you mount the XM antenna to have it at least 4 inches away from the GPS device? Under the front fairing? Perhaps on top of the headlight module?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
they say ideally 30cm.
I am just about to install the exact same setup! Except i will just be using a JM Bluetooth Stero Headset for XM, MPS & Phone only for now.

NO intercom, A detector (but no audio signal through the system) and no PTT device.

Have you tried moving the antenna farther away with the Autcom connected?
post #3 of 5 Old May 10th, 2010, 1:05 pm Thread Starter

Not yet. It'll probably be this weekend now before I get around to playing with the problem since I have to pull the plastic off at least one side of the bike to get to the wiring to get some slack on the XM receiver wire. I'll let you know the results.

Rush Shortley
Iowa City, IA
2009 R1200RT - Titan Silver (His)
2009 R1200RT - Sapphire Black - Lowered Suspension (Hers)
2005 K1200LT (Sold)
1969 R69S/2 (My first bike. Long gone but not forgotten.)

post #4 of 5 Old May 10th, 2010, 6:35 pm

I am wondering if you can fit the XM40 on that next small shelf over that is just part of the co-pilot. If it is too close to the Zumo on the accesory arm, that's too bad because with the accessory arms and the Zumo in the center (I'll have a Valentine 1 on the right arm) it looks so great, almost OEM!

Really curious to hear form you!

Thanks ,

CW
post #5 of 5 Old May 11th, 2010, 1:11 pm

make sure you have the autocom bluetooth module paired as a headset not a phone....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in