F4 Interphone Update - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 18th, 2010, 9:07 am Thread Starter

F4 Interphone Update

Here is the constellation of components that I have tried to combine without much success.

Garmin Zumo 550
F4 Interphone
Motorola Razor w/ Bluetooth
2009 R1200RT

I used to use (and will probably revert back to) the original Interphone. It allowed me to communicate with my riding buddy, and with some contortions that I got used to, to toggle to make and receive cell calls.

I wanted to upgrade because I purchased the Zumo 550 which would allow me to play MP3s.

It doesn't work, at least not for me. I cannot make phone calls through my Zumo via the F4. And when I configure the set up to make calls independent from the Zumo, my connection to the Zumo via the F4 gets lost.

My phone conversation with BlueAnt, the makers of the Interphone was unsatisfactory, to say the least. RevZilla, the distributor for the Interphone understands the problem and has agreed to take back the F4 Interphone.

Maybe someone has had better experience with this device than I or, even better, has a better solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 18th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Re: F4 Interphone Update

I've just started using the Interphone and must say that I am seriously impressed. Really easy to use and phone reception loud & clear with GPS instructions automatically muted though there was a 'ding' to draw attention to directions displayed on the screen. The person on the other end of the phone said it was like I was standing beside her. I've been using Autocom (supposedly the best) for years and this is better. Perhaps its the combination. I'm using the BMW Navigator III plus and a Nokia 6230i - both pretty ancient these days. But they all seem to work seamlessly and very well together.
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 9:16 pm

Re: F4 Interphone Update

I'm on third year of the Interphones, and they have been a great buy, doing exactly they were supposed to do. My wife and I wouldn't think about riding without them, and have given us consistently more than 6 hours of time, and the restaurants we visit are happy to charge our helmets for us! When I ride solo, my iPhone, Zumo 550 and headsets work very well, although I need to charge the phone continuously with the drain on its battery. I don't make a habit of listening to music while I ride-I'm a professional musician and prefer quiet, so i can't comment on your music issues. I switch the unit between two helmets, and it has been no problem. You really can't beat the price either.

dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in