New Garmin GPS - 665 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2010, 8:35 pm Thread Starter

New Garmin GPS - 665

Apparently Garmin has a new GPS to be announced at CES this month... This is some info from Engadget.com

Zumo 665: Have a rider in the family? The 665 is Garmin's latest motorcycle-centric nav unit, which appears to be little more than a 660 with the XM weather, radio (with A2DP out), and traffic on board. It's got a slightly newer firmware build than the current 660 that adds additional map layouts and data fields; and don't worry, 660 owners -- you'll get it in the Spring.

With FM and A2DP Bluetooth built-in I may see a new purchase this year....

And this brought a smile.....

Garmin Voice Studio: This might be the coolest announcement, but if you've got friends with compatible devices, it's going to get old real quick. Basically, it's a PC-based app that lets you record your own nav instructions (which we're guessing is going to result in some extraordinarily NC17-rated Nuvis). The company is saying it'll take about 20 minutes to complete a set of commands -- and naturally, it won't do text-to-speech for reading street names and the like. It won't work on the Nuvi 3xx and 6xx series, but otherwise, you should be good to go.

Ron - Cypress, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Re: New Garmin GPS - 665

perfect.. I just bought a 660

and that "app... well, some guys could have their "significant others", in my case, my lovely bride, record some things...

"Way to go, knucklehead... why don't you stop and ask for directions."...
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2010, 10:25 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
perfect.. I just bought a 660

and that "app... well, some guys could have their "significant others", in my case, my lovely bride, record some things...

"Way to go, knucklehead... why don't you stop and ask for directions."...
LMAO.... You need to make a series of recordings and make a fortune selling them, or at least enough for a cold one...

Ron - Cypress, TX

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 5th, 2010, 2:24 pm

It's already on their website:

Zumo 665

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #5 of 9 Old Jan 5th, 2010, 4:11 pm
Gold Supporter

Well...at least SOME companies listen when their consumers complain

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #6 of 9 Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd98056
It's already on their website:

Zumo 665

And Garmin's screen capture for the XM feature is KELLY CLARKSON? You would think for the motorcycle crowd something a little more masculine would be in order. No offense to the ladies but I think the demographic is still primarily male. I would have went with "Born to be Wild" More stereotypical.

Jerry
USAF Retired
BMWOA #80289
2009 R1200GSA
1985 K100 RT-Red
2002 K1200 LTC-Silver(SOLD)
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 6th, 2010, 12:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedexrider
And Garmin's screen capture for the XM feature is KELLY CLARKSON? You would think for the motorcycle crowd something a little more masculine would be in order. No offense to the ladies but I think the demographic is still primarily male. I would have went with "Born to be Wild" More stereotypical.
I think a quote loosely attributed to Sam Snead is appropriate, "If you aren't thinking about sex then you just aren't concentrating.".

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #8 of 9 Old Jan 13th, 2010, 9:29 pm

The 10K question. Will it work on the BMW mount that comes with Nav 4? If so can you order just the mount from BMW and the unit from Garmin. Or will BMW come out with the Nav4+???
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 14th, 2010, 12:18 am
Cat Herder

Garage

Damn, I was at CES and I didn't even bother to go and see the new unit.

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in