Nav IV with Intercom - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Oct 16th, 2009, 8:07 pm Thread Starter

Nav IV with Intercom

I Know I'm missing something.

Here the setup: 2009LT with Voice II intercom and Nav IV GPS

Intercom works great with gps prompts through headset.

when I use my cell phone (motorla adventure) in blue tooth mode the GPS works fine when not in the mount. Once I put the GPS in the mount and try make a call the GPS reads

"Please enable wireless bluetooth"
Called Garmin and the GPS is so new they need a couple days to get a NavIV and play with it,

Does anyone encountered this?

Thanks

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Oct 16th, 2009, 9:16 pm

Re: Nav IV with Intercom

I went through this headache. I have a 2008 K1200LT w Nav 3 (I think it was the 3) and sure enough the voice prompts from the Nav worked, as did the CB Radio through the Helmet---both transmit and receive).

Nonetheless, I ran into the same brickwall---I could receive a cell call but not transmit.
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 16th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Re: Nav IV with Intercom

I went through this headache! I have a 2008 K1200LT w Nav 3 (I think it was the 3) and sure enough the voice prompts from the Nav worked, as did the CB Radio through the Helmet---both transmit and receive).

Nonetheless, I ran into the same brickwall---I could receive a cell call but not transmit.
The dealer took a whole month to get BMW to tell them that this was for communications to a bluetooth helmet--not a wired one. I went ballistic and started a lawsuit against BMW, wherein I had to also sue the dealer since they took the money.
The dealer, "Wild West Honda of Houston, Texas" listened to me and summarily gave me the original purchase price back---16 months after I bought the BMW Navigator!!
I will buy from them, but not BMW.

Do not let BMW tell you it's Garmins fault-they are very helpful!! BMW was just a pain in the south end---and as your post indicates they are still blowing smoke.

I never did understand why they don't put some disclaimer in their catalog that the bluetooth only works with bluetooth helmets.

As you seem reasonable, any reasonable person would assume that since the Navigator ties into the pre-wired BMW Intercom that it would allow transmit annd receive to a wired helmet--- else why buy it?

In actuality, much better non BMW branded units are available for far less and have much better displays and functionality.

In addition, be on the lookout for breaks in their mickey mouse wiring harness (chinese built) as it egresses the tupperware and connects to your Navigator.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in