Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Chester, Ohio, USA
Re: Zumo 550
Originally Posted by robasay
Currently Costco has the Zumo 550 with the Midland Blue tooth intercom stereo system on sale for $749.00, my questions are:
1. Is this a great or good deal?
2. Info on 550 say's battery only good for 4 hours, can the unit be hard wired for constant power?
3. Anyone familiar with the Midland Blue tooth stereo system and it's pros and cons?
4. Does the rechargeable battery last the 8 hrs as they claim?
5. Can XM or Sirus be plugged into the 550 or can it be added somehow?
I know this has possible been covered before but as Costco seems to have a deal on them wanted to let other forum users aware of the deal and my questions.
I've got a 550 and have it wired straight to the battery. I've never used it's own battery for more than a few minutes, so I don't know how long it will last. I use XM, it's built into the 550, just add an XM antenne and pay for the service. Below are pictures of my setup, including a picture of the antenna and a screen shot of the XM interface.
1984 500 Interceptor
Last edited by dkjkwood; Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:19 pm.