2820 XM audio in a car? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 27th, 2009, 5:28 pm Thread Starter

2820 XM audio in a car?

I'm ready to add XM satellite to the GPS and was wondering ( I also move the GPS to my SUV) if I will be forced to listen through the power plug/speaker adapter? Any way to get it to come out of the SUV's audio?

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: 2820 XM audio in a car?

Dan: I've been thinking of doing the same thing. The nice thing about the 2820 is the stereo audio output. The problem I face is I don't have an aux input into car radio. From what I understand there in an aux input in the back of the radio (05 BMW 3 Series Coupe) The thought of pulling the radio out is a bit frighting to me. I'm thinking of having a local car audio shop do it for me. The only other problem would be to purchase another XM Antenna Puck as I don't what to have to take it & on the bike.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up is Optional
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 27th, 2009, 9:31 pm Thread Starter

I'm starting to think that it might be easier to simply get another XM receiver for the car! Have to check around at some of the local stereo shops to see if that can rig an input for my Infinity QX4.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 28th, 2009, 10:29 am

Suggestions... You could use a cassette adapter if you have a cassette player in your SUV. Example. If you don't have a cassette player an FM modulator could be connected to the 2820 and transmit to your SUV radio. Here's an Example You might want to check out the reviews on these types of products to find the one that suits your needs. I only provided links so you could get some ideas.

If you bought another XM radio, you would likely have the same connection issues and have to pay an additional monthly fee.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 29th, 2009, 7:17 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsonderb
Suggestions... You could use a cassette adapter if you have a cassette player in your SUV. Example. If you don't have a cassette player an FM modulator could be connected to the 2820 and transmit to your SUV radio. Here's an Example You might want to check out the reviews on these types of products to find the one that suits your needs. I only provided links so you could get some ideas.

If you bought another XM radio, you would likely have the same connection issues and have to pay an additional monthly fee.
Thanks Jim,

I've got a cassette that has never been used, so dat's probably the most transparent direction. Thanks for the links... I don't like all of the wires that have to be moved around, and this means that in addition to the power plug and cassette adapter, there is the PUCK! Oh well! Just for long trips...... and then there is the CB ......... Starting to look like an octopus on the dash board...

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in