Navigator III with blue tooth phone - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old May 24th, 2009, 1:24 am Thread Starter

Navigator III with blue tooth phone

I have the Navigator III installed on my LT. I also have the com 2 system with radio, so my helmet 'plugs' into/ is hard wired into the bike. The Dealer told me that I should be able to use my blue tooth phone through the Navigator III unit. Is that correct? Will I be able to use my blue tooth phone, without attaching a cord to the com system, through my Nav III to talk to people?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old May 30th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Re: Navigator III with blue tooth phone

yeah, I got the same inquiry -kinda. Hope someone responds with the magic answer.
The Navigator sees a call coming in from my cell phone- but I haven't figured out how to answer it. It tells me to connect a microphone.......which of course I already have. I don't have any problems hearing the commands from the GPS in my helmet so I know that part works- just would be nice to be able to respond to calls (at my choosing, of course).

anyone?

Joe Dumas (Basic Member)
-from the shores of Lake Michigan
BMW MOA# -expired

2011 Triumph Speed Triple
2008 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Sold)
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1999 Triumph Adventurer
1978 Yamaha XS650E
post #3 of 7 Old May 30th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
I have the Navigator III installed on my LT. I also have the com 2 system with radio, so my helmet 'plugs' into/ is hard wired into the bike. The Dealer told me that I should be able to use my blue tooth phone through the Navigator III unit. Is that correct? Will I be able to use my blue tooth phone, without attaching a cord to the com system, through my Nav III to talk to people?
Many riders in your situation use a Motorola HF820 blue tooth speaker phone. You pair that and your phone to the Nav III. The Hf820 connects to the Voice II telephone jack inside the oddiments box via a 2.5mm male to male stereo cable. This forum has much on this topic. Do a search for Motorola HF820 and you will find a lot of information. Try ebay to purchase an HF820 which is a discontinued product from the manufacturer. I bought mine for about $25 several years ago.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

Not all those who wander are lost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old May 30th, 2009, 11:05 pm

well, I guess there is our answer. Just seems- just seems like a wireless system (Bluetooth) should work, umm wireless... but, alas, not in this case.Oh well

Joe Dumas (Basic Member)
-from the shores of Lake Michigan
BMW MOA# -expired

2011 Triumph Speed Triple
2008 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Sold)
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1999 Triumph Adventurer
1978 Yamaha XS650E
post #5 of 7 Old May 31st, 2009, 1:57 pm

Funny story...

I needed to be able to answer urgent business calls while riding to/from work, so went on the hunt for the best helmet headset (bluetooth) for the purpose. The mental block that consumed me was how to pair/hear the bluetooth transmissions of turn by turn directions from the NavIII as well as the phone at the same time. I knew there had to be a product to do both, but pairing one or the other was the end result.

Then, I read something on this board that made me think outside the box.

If you pair the headset/helmet to the NavIII, and then pair the phone to the NavIII.
Viola! Options appear to control the phone, like: view phonebook, see who is calling (CID), send/receive calls, etc.

Now, I am using the Scala Q2 and really have one hell of a system that I feel comfortable SAFELY operating.

The only note... not all cell phones work well with the NavIII. My Nokia E71x wouldn't hang up, or kept disconnecting. BlackBerry 9000 works perfectly. Experiment!
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2009, 1:18 pm

I purchased a Scala Rider Q2 from Cardo Systems. Once I paired it with the Garmin GPS and then the GPS with my Bluetooth it works fine. I had to get an 8100 series Blackberry since the 7100 did not work. (Even though the Garmin site says it does). I am trying to find someone who knows a way to make the entire audiocom system to transmit through a bluetooth system. Anyone know of a system that works?
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 7:54 am
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
I have a Garmin Streetpilot 2820, which I believe is the same unit. I use a Cardio Scala Rider bluetooth set. When the phone rings I hear a beep, and to answer it I just say "hello". It works flawlessly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in