Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old Dec 9th, 2008, 9:13 pm Thread Starter

Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com

I just ordered a 2820 with the xm antenna from www.getfeetwet.com for $299. You can get them without the antenna for $230!! According to them, these are new units they just received and not refurbs. They are asking more for the refurbs. I hope this isn't too good to be true! My Nav II screen is starting to bubble and I figured it was better to upgrade to a 2820 than too refurb my NavII for $200. They are also throwing in a free weather radio with the deal. This should be a huge upgrade from my Nav II. Can't wait to have the better graphics!

Does anyone know if the left side of the mount with the 4 buttons on my Nav II can be removed since they won't work anyways with the 2820?

2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old Dec 10th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Re: Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayhlr
Does anyone know if the left side of the mount with the 4 buttons on my Nav II can be removed since they won't work anyways with the 2820?
The buttons are part of the NAV II mount. You should consider replacing it with the Garmin motorcycle mount if you want to connect a 2820 to your audio system via the aux/headphone out jack of the 2820 so you can listen to stereo music from the XM antenna radio. The Garmin jack is on the left side of the 2820. If you don't change the mount, I don't think you will be able to accesss the 3.5 mm stereo jack on the left side of the Garmin unit. Otherwise, the music you hear through the intercom will be mono.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 62 Old Dec 10th, 2008, 2:01 pm

I just called Getfeetwet about the 2820s. They sold out of the $230 units and have since ordered more from Garmin. The new price is $245, BUT if you tell them you saw it for $230, they'll sell it to you for that. Anyone want a 2610?

And, yes, these are brand new units from Garmin, not refurbs. At least that's what the sales dude promised.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #4 of 62 Old Dec 10th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Never really looked at adding the external antenna before, but with this deal, might consider it. What benefits with the external antenna and how hard is it to hook up the external puck using the 2820 and the BMW Nav II mount?

Thanks,

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
CMA National Evangelist SE Region
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #5 of 62 Old Dec 10th, 2008, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayhlr
I just ordered a 2820 with the xm antenna from www.getfeetwet.com for $299. You can get them without the antenna for $230!! According to them, these are new units they just received and not refurbs. They are asking more for the refurbs. I hope this isn't too good to be true! My Nav II screen is starting to bubble and I figured it was better to upgrade to a 2820 than too refurb my NavII for $200. They are also throwing in a free weather radio with the deal. This should be a huge upgrade from my Nav II. Can't wait to have the better graphics!

I don't have an intercom system, so I am going to look for a wireless headset. Can anyone recommend a good quality stereo headset that will pair up with the 2820? I would be attaching it to a Schuberth C2 flip up helmet. Is it hard to install a boom mike with the chin pads that this helmet has?
Thanks!

2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
post #6 of 62 Old Dec 11th, 2008, 6:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtebeau
Never really looked at adding the external antenna before, but with this deal, might consider it. What benefits with the external antenna and how hard is it to hook up the external puck using the 2820 and the BMW Nav II mount?

Thanks,
The external "puck" is the XM radio. The 2820 is just the head unit that provides screens which allow you to control the stations, etc. The puck connects to the 2820 via the mini USB connector on the back of the unit near the right side of the screen. (The same USB jack that you use to connect a 2820 to a computer.) The NAV II mount may not have enough clearance to connect the GXM-30 antenna. See my post above about the stereo aux out being on the left side of a 2820 which would be blocked by the NAV II buttons.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

post #7 of 62 Old Dec 11th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsonderb
The external "puck" is the XM radio. The 2820 is just the head unit that provides screens which allow you to control the stations, etc. The puck connects to the 2820 via the mini USB connector on the back of the unit near the right side of the screen. (The same USB jack that you use to connect a 2820 to a computer.) The NAV II mount may not have enough clearance to connect the GXM-30 antenna. See my post above about the stereo aux out being on the left side of a 2820 which would be blocked by the NAV II buttons.
Thanks for the info. I guess I should have read a little better up there on the stereo hook-up. I do have a Gramin MC cradle, so I may take the NAVII bracket off and use the Garmin bracket and I should be set for XM stereo. Oh, all this pending the delivery of my 2820 package (should be here next week). Do you know if this setup will work with the new XM NavWeather plan? I couldn't find any definitive on the XM or Garmin site.

Thanks again,

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #8 of 62 Old Dec 12th, 2008, 8:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtebeau
Thanks for the info. I guess I should have read a little better up there on the stereo hook-up. I do have a Gramin MC cradle, so I may take the NAVII bracket off and use the Garmin bracket and I should be set for XM stereo. Oh, all this pending the delivery of my 2820 package (should be here next week). Do you know if this setup will work with the new XM NavWeather plan? I couldn't find any definitive on the XM or Garmin site.

Thanks again,
My brother added the relatively inexpensive ($3-$4 month add on to existing XM radio account) weather subscription to his XM package. It is pretty basic but does show cloud overlays on the screen and forecasts. I understand there is a more expensive weather option ($99/month), but I have no experience with that. Following is a link to the Garmin web site showing what the XM antennas can receive. The GXM-30 is the radio/antenna that the 2820 uses. Here is the link

If you are not already aware, there are traffic and weather stations for major metropolitan areas that are part of the XM channel selections. I have found them helpful. Following is a link to the XM channel lineup that is available depending on what you subscribe to. The traffic/weather channels are in the 200's or so and are part of the basic subscription that I have.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

post #9 of 62 Old Dec 16th, 2008, 6:42 pm

My 2820 is on its way. The bundle is 330 now, but still its even lower than the refurbs.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #10 of 62 Old Dec 16th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Mine's scheduled for delivery 12/18!

Marshall, Tx

post #11 of 62 Old Dec 16th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad
Mine's scheduled for delivery 12/18!
That thang gotta be hardwired, right?? I'm on the look for any brand GPS that works both hardwired, and battery. My ole Streetpilot 1 is thataway, and I kinda like that feature.

Gittin' sensory overload with all the different brands/models and features; darn thangs are like PCs - soon as you git it workin', it's obsolete to the newer version!!!

Ping me when you git yours working - I'll swing over and take a lookee-look with ya.
post #12 of 62 Old Dec 16th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
That thang gotta be hardwired, right?? I'm on the look for any brand GPS that works both hardwired, and battery. My ole Streetpilot 1 is thataway, and I kinda like that feature.

Gittin' sensory overload with all the different brands/models and features; darn thangs are like PCs - soon as you git it workin', it's obsolete to the newer version!!!

Ping me when you git yours working - I'll swing over and take a lookee-look with ya.
Correct they do not have an internal battery. My old Quest does, but I really don't miss not having the internal battery on my 2720. Zumo 550 has a rechargeable battery.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #13 of 62 Old Dec 17th, 2008, 9:27 pm

Got mine today. Played with it a little bit and getting around the screens is different than my 2610, but I'm liking it. It is quite a deal, my dad and brother both ordered one, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Now, I just need to figure out the best way to convert my wma files to mp3....

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #14 of 62 Old Dec 18th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Considering ordering one for myself. Question for you guys. Did you need to order an additional mount for the motorcycle including a wiring harness or does it come with it?

I've had a SPIII for about 5 years and need to upgrade. Actually ordered and received a Zumo 550 and turned around and sold it on ebay. Didn't like that you can't turn off the Auto Zoom, no satellite page, limited screen customization and a screen that is smaller with all kinds of data pasted on it.

Think the 2820 will better suit my needs and is more like the SPIII it will replace. Will miss having a battery though. I swear some years ago someone here came up with some kind of jerry rigged battery pack for it to power it off the bike. Does anyone else remember this?

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #15 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 9:55 am

Mine showed up yesterday!! WOOHOO!

I was somewhat surprised that there's no CF slot. I guess I was expecting one since the 2610 has one. So how much storage is available on the 2820 and is it flash memory or a hard drive?

spfdoorman, you'll need a motorcycle mount and cable. The kit comes with USB cable, AC cord, cigarette lighter adapter, bean bag base, and stick on base.

Marshall, Tx

post #16 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:08 am

This qualifies as a Newbie question I'm sure.

My 2009 LT comes/came with "Preparation for BMW Motorrad Navigator". Is this not a GPS Mount? If so, did not all LTs come with this and why are we purchasing other mounts?

Like I said, Newbie question but I gotta know.

Thanks

2006 Triumph Tiger
2007 Kawaski 500 LTD
2009 BMW K 1200 LT

Alaska - The best kept secret in the entire U S of A!

I do not have a problem with God, it's his fan clubs that I do not agree with.
post #17 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 11:38 am

Any body compare this with the Zumo? Sounds like they do most of the same stuff. Huge price difference.
post #18 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 1:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdoorman
Considering ordering one for myself. Question for you guys. Did you need to order an additional mount for the motorcycle including a wiring harness or does it come with it?
Hi Carl,
You'll need a mount. This is what I used for my 2720
http://www.gpsdiscount.com/products/index.html?a=407
Then I have it monted on a BMR shelf.

Just got my 2820 today and it will fit inplace where my 2720 was so no extra work for me

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #19 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcockrum
Any body compare this with the Zumo? Sounds like they do most of the same stuff. Huge price difference.
Interesting comapison here.

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10913

I've never had a Zumo, but I have a2720 and wanted the MP3 and while I was at it the NAV/Weather, and XM option so the 2820 upgrade was a perfect plug and play solution for me.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #20 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
Hi Carl,
You'll need a mount. This is what I used for my 2720
http://www.gpsdiscount.com/products/index.html?a=407
Then I have it monted on a BMR shelf.
Thanks Mike,

I guess I'll have to order a mount for it. My SPIII (BMW Nav 1) is mounted at the dash light location. Hopefully I can just screw the mount to the same bracket. I know I'll have to pull some tupperware to wire the new one though. I'm sure the wiring is not the same as the SPIII. Did you get the XM antenna too? Think I'm going to pass on it for now.

Don't know if anyone noticed but Garmin has discontinued the Zumo 450 and the Quest GPS units. Only ones they list as current for motorcycle use are the Zumo 550 and the 2820.

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #21 of 62 Old Dec 19th, 2008, 3:57 pm

Went ahead and ordered. Did by phone and asked the guy if there was any way I could get the $299 price of last week with the GXM antenna and he Ok'd it! Ordered the mounting bracket and the wire harness and he even thru in the weather radio for free. They were nice to deal with - shipping today Fed Ex and only 10.50 shipping charge from Calif.

Nice Deal!

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #22 of 62 Old Dec 20th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Question Re: Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com

Hi all;

I have the Nav II and it looks like its on its last legs!! (got it with the bike in November). Wondering if the 2820 fits the Nav II mount ( I heard about the left hand buttons on the mount blocking the jack). Are the connections the same ( power connection??).

I have found an old mount in a box I got with the bike, and the left button area could be removed as long as the 2820 fits!!

Any advice??
Bowdon
post #23 of 62 Old Dec 21st, 2008, 10:22 am

Well, you talked me into it. Got one on the way. I mentioned that I had some "buds" who only paid $299 and they gave me that price.

I'm linking to a J&M CB/Intercom. Any body done this? Wondering if the phone hook up will work. Ordered the MC mount. Plan on putting it on the right brake reservoir cover where the old XM used to be.
post #24 of 62 Old Dec 21st, 2008, 11:49 am

I have my 2610 linked to the JMCB2003. Since I tied my stereo into the J&M, I purchased the J&M CFRG module to also tie in my cell phone and GPS. Still have another connector left for the radar detector.

Current
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A (Cobalt Blue)
1973 Honda CL350 (Red)

Previous
2001 K1200LT Pacific Blue
and a long list...
post #25 of 62 Old Dec 21st, 2008, 12:09 pm

Quote:
Well, you talked me into it. Got one on the way. I mentioned that I had some "buds" who only paid $299 and they gave me that price.

I'm linking to a J&M CB/Intercom. Any body done this? Wondering if the phone hook up will work. Ordered the MC mount. Plan on putting it on the right brake reservoir cover where the old XM used to be.
I got mine to pair with my iPhone with little trouble, BUT unless I'm missing something, all I'll be able to do is see incoming calls because the 2820 will only do a phone connection via Bluetooth headset. It does have a jack for audio out and a mic, but I have no way to connect my hardwired headset to the mic input on the 2820. Oh, well, I guess I'll have o breakdown and take the Cardo or IMS Bluetooth plunge.............

Marshall, Tx

post #26 of 62 Old Dec 25th, 2008, 7:39 am

Was just on the Garmin web site this morning. They have discontinued the 2820. Wonder if this will effect support for this model. I just ordered one from GetFeetWet earlier this week. Supposed to be delivered Saturday. I'm linking to a J&M CB/Intercom, will need a couple of different adapter cords from J&M, cost about $400. Thinking about returning the 2820 and getting the Zumo.
post #27 of 62 Old Dec 26th, 2008, 7:48 am

WOW! I ordered a 2820 on December 22 and received it on the 24th. I am replacing a 2720 with a peeled screen.

All I can say is very good price and outstanding service from GetFeetWet. BTW, thanks to Peter for the heads up on this deal.

Jamie
'02 K1200LTC
'82 R100RT
post #28 of 62 Old Dec 26th, 2008, 10:31 am

Zumo 660???

Quote:
Was just on the Garmin web site this morning. They have discontinued the 2820.
I am expecting delivery of my 2820 today, so I am in the same boat. I figure they will support the 2820 for quite a few years. My 5 year old BMW Nav I (SPIII) is still supported, so I don't think that will be a problem.

However, there is some chatter on the ZUMO site about a new unit:

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=7577.0

If it looks good and price is reasonable, I may have a new 2820 up for sale cheap.

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #29 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Anyone know what cable I would need to hook the 2820 to my baehr intercom?

Thanks
Glen
post #30 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 4:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenhinegardner
Anyone know what cable I would need to hook the 2820 to my baehr intercom?

Thanks
Glen
Check with Raffy, I think its this one.

http://motogear4you.com/catalog/prod...d6a4ee8a77b600

but he also has.
http://motogear4you.com/catalog/prod...d6a4ee8a77b600

I don't know the difference.

I got mine from Raffy, both the 2720 and 2820 work with the one he sold me.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #31 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Thanks Michael

I am just undecided if I should order the bundle with the GXM for future use, but I will give RAFFY a holler on Monday.

Thanks
Glen
post #32 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 5:31 pm

This package is a incredible buy, Greater clarity with routing compared to the 2610v etc.

I can't wait to see the replacement.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #33 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray
This package is a incredible buy, Greater clarity with routing compared to the 2610v etc.

I can't wait to see the replacement.
Murray;

Does the 2820 fit the existing Nav II (2610) holder? power cable?

I might be interested, because the old 2610 is starting to fail.

Regards,
Bowdon
post #34 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 6:18 pm

I believe it will fit the existing Nav II cradle and power. The buttons on the cradle DO NOT work though, as they were designed only to work with the BMW software and BMW badged unit.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #35 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 7:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I believe it will fit the existing Nav II cradle and power. The buttons on the cradle DO NOT work though, as they were designed only to work with the BMW software and BMW badged unit.
Steve_R;

I just loaded the Nav II with the Garmin 2009 NA map!!! It seems to work OK except the screen is not as clear and the routes don't show well.

I did this with a CD and Mapsource!!

The software is from Garmin and not BMW.

I might get the 2820 next month to see the difference. I think the buttons on the left side of the holder might not work, but I have another holder I could modify to get to the plug in the rear of the unit.

Thanks,
Bowdon
post #36 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 7:34 pm

They're still offering for 299 if asked. They explained the $299s were with older maps and they raised the price once they got the 2820's with 09 maps... but they still gave me the $299 price.

Great deal. Thanks for the info. Anyone want a 2720 for a good price?
post #37 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 8:17 pm

will the 2620 be harder to use without the buttons on the 2610 cradle
post #38 of 62 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Red face Re: Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by David246
will the 2620 be harder to use without the buttons on the 2610 cradle
David246;

I think that its only the 4 left buttons ( in, out enter and esc) that can not be used on the 2610 support for the 2820 ( this is what I have read here!!). The right buttons are on the unit so they should worr as with any Garmin product.

If I am wrong, someone will let us know!!!

Putting the 2009 NA map should not be a problem if you have the cd and mapsource or Mapinstall from Garmin.

This is what I used to install the 2009 NA map on the old 2610 (Nav II)

Bowdon
post #39 of 62 Old Dec 28th, 2008, 10:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdon
Murray;

Does the 2820 fit the existing Nav II (2610) holder? power cable?

I might be interested, because the old 2610 is starting to fail.

Regards,
Bowdon
Yes, Plug and play. Full stereo benefits can be had via the 2820 audio jack to the com system.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #40 of 62 Old Dec 28th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray
Yes, Plug and play. Full stereo benefits can be had via the 2820 audio jack to the com system.
murray;

I am assuming this is just a plug in cable? comes in the 2820 package?

Regards,
Bowdon
post #41 of 62 Old Dec 28th, 2008, 6:36 pm

I just tryed a friends 2820 and the left buttons on the cradle do not work and the turn by turn sound does come through the com system
post #42 of 62 Old Dec 28th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Battery Pack for 2820

Came across this while surfin.

http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/powint.htm#065-0700

Anybody seen anything else like it? Maybe something that doesn't use a slew of AA batteries?

Touratech Battery Pack for Garmin StreetPilot 2610, 2620, 2720, 2730, 2820 <H1>Part Number: 065-0700</H1>

$60.60

Availability: In Stock

Allows use of Garmin StreetPilot series 26xx, 27xx, 28xx away from the motorcycle. With this useful power pack you can program your GPS unit, (and many other 12v units away from your vehicle. In conjunction with our ZA adapter (# 030-0016) you can even charge your mobile phone (if 1.5V alkalines used) The battery pack is supplied in a stainless steel housing. Weighs approx. 270 grams (without batteries)
  • Provides about 5 hours GPS runtime
  • Can use alkaline or rechargeable AA batteries
  • Has support receptacle for 26xx and other Garmin cradles
  • includes BMW plug outlet (can be adapted to cig-lighter with 030-0017)
  • Can operate other small items such as cellphone chargers
  • Includes 10 AA Alkaline cells
  • 15v output if Alkaline batteries are used, 12v output with NiMh used
  • CABLES NOT included

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #43 of 62 Old Dec 29th, 2008, 11:44 am

Re: Battery Pack for 2820

Okay, I got my new 2820 and got the City Navigator 2009 loaded and all is well with that. However, my old 2720 has V.7 maps loaded on it and the new software does not route perfectly on the V.7 maps. In fact, now when I turn on the 2720 it says that some of the maps are locked.

Can I not install the 2009 maps on the older machine? Any advice?

Jamie
'02 K1200LTC
'82 R100RT
post #44 of 62 Old Dec 29th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Smile Re: Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com

Just called and ordered myself a 2820 today. The gentleman at GetFeetWet was very nice and familiar with our BMWLT community. It took no pressure to get him to honor the $299 XM30 bundle. Can't wait to get mine, as my 2610 was stolen, along with my portable XM, from my vehicle earlier this summer. Much good info provided in this string and this is certainly a less expensive alternative to the Zumo 550. Frankly, I liked the 2610 and was very happy with it!

Cheers!
Bob
post #45 of 62 Old Dec 29th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Re: Battery Pack for 2820

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebum
Okay, I got my new 2820 and got the City Navigator 2009 loaded and all is well with that. However, my old 2720 has V.7 maps loaded on it and the new software does not route perfectly on the V.7 maps. In fact, now when I turn on the 2720 it says that some of the maps are locked.

Can I not install the 2009 maps on the older machine? Any advice?
You can but you would have to pay (about $70 or so) to upgade the 2720 to the 2009 maps. Check with Garmin support.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #46 of 62 Old Dec 30th, 2008, 10:32 am

Thumbs up Interface for Garmin 2820 to Autocom

I just ordered a Garmin 2820 Lead #1298 from Autocom. It is supposed to allow the use of all the functions available on the 2820 including GPS, MP3, XM and Bluetooth connectivity. Total cost with shipping $76.06. A little pricy but if it will solve all the problems then not that bad.

http://www.topgearaccess.com/store/i...adar/1298.html

http://www.topgearaccess.com/autocom...armin28201.pdf

Jamie
'02 K1200LTC
'82 R100RT

Last edited by bikebum; Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:01 pm.
post #47 of 62 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 12:41 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

I bought 2 at 215.00 each plus shipping. These were the standard 2820 refurbished.

One will replace the 2610 that was stolen from my truck while the other will go on the R1150GS ADV/Multistrada.

Time to figure out a mount on the Multistrada. Nice project for a rainy day we have today.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #48 of 62 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Question Re: Great deals on Garmin 2820 at getfeetwet.com

Hi all;

I thought the 2820 slides into the same cord (power) that the Nav II has, and will operate through the BMW Comm system, is this not correct??

I also loaded the 2009 maps on the Nav II and it seams to load but the routes and roads are not very clear. This is why I was looking at the 2820.

Let me know.

Regards,
Bowdon
post #49 of 62 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
I bought 2 at 215.00 each plus shipping. These were the standard 2820 refurbished.

One will replace the 2610 that was stolen from my truck while the other will go on the R1150GS ADV/Multistrada.

Time to figure out a mount on the Multistrada. Nice project for a rainy day we have today.
Good Deal Raffy, I might buy a backup. You're probably going to sell more connection cables now. BTW ordered a Baehr Cable from you site but got no ETA.

thanks.
Mike

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #50 of 62 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 5:19 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

I figured out a mount for the Multistrada. The R1150GS already had a Touratech locking mount on the handlebar.

I just happened to have a second Touratech locking mount. used a garmin U bolt with 1" ball, then a medium RAM arm and mounted a Ram base with 1" ball to the bottom of the Touratech locking mount. Removed the tighetening knob from the Ram arm and replaced with one 7/16" nut and a second 7/16" lock-nut.

Mike: your item should get to you in about a week. I'm backordered till Wednesday. BTW, thanks for the order.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in