Zumo-CAMOS-Bluetooth - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2008, 1:02 am Thread Starter

Zumo-CAMOS-Bluetooth

New here but have tried to read all the threads and can't find this one: Trying to make a Zumo 550 talk to twin CAMOS BTS220's--this is the latest CAMOS product. It seems that Zumo will only talk to the master headset and not the slave--is that right? Intercom switches off (channel 2) whenever Zumo is playing music on the master and that's as far as it goes.

So here's the question--has someone hooked up CAMOS Bluetooth twin headsets with intercom enabled to a Zumo 550 and been able to get music/GPS directions or XM (with puck) to come through without knocking the intercom out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rocketbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2008, 1:03 am Thread Starter

Re: Zumo-CAMOS-Bluetooth

...and forgot to mention, this is on a new '09 LT which just replaced my original '99 LT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rocketbike
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2008, 5:53 am

I'm not at all familiar with CAMOS, but I do know that the Zumo's XM signal cannot be transmitted via Bluetooth. It is only available via a hardwired connection.

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2008, 11:17 am Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply--I had a hint of that from the Zumo on-line manual. I suspect that I will need to get a Bluetooth adapter connected to the audio out of the GPS to get XM. The other question, because I am not totally familiar with Bluetooth restrictions, is can two headsets receive the same signal? I can use the dongle out of the Zumo, but if only one headset can get it, it really doesn't do us much good.

Rocketbike
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2008, 12:44 pm Thread Starter

Further research on CAMOS / Bluetooth for those struggling, I see I am not the first. Here's a link that begins to explain the restrictions / problems. As I supposed, there are many stories out there of folks fighting with this stuff largely because of inadequate documentation. That is why these forums are so great.

Here's the link that pretty much answers this thread:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ooth-intercom/

Rocketbike
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:09 am

I can help with one of your points, XM over bluetooth. I have the Camos BTS200 and Zumo 550 and use a WiRevo D1000V BT Dongle to get BT stereo audio from the Zumo, It works for MP3 and XM audio. You plug the dongle into the output port on the bike mount for the Zumo. The procedure requires pairing the Zumo to your headset , switching BT audio to phone only, turning the Zumo off, and then pairing the dongle to the headset for stereo audio (MP3 and XM, and GPS). It works, and the improvement in sound quality with stereo is incredible. You can then pair your BT phone to the Zumo as a phone and it will be relayed to your headset in mono audio. Search on Benchmarkhelmets.com on google for more details.

Regarding the use of Zumo with two headsets in intercom mode, I am just now starting to work on that and will report progress and procedures.

Larry

Laurence Hendrick

2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite (Oh my, so fast!)
2005 LT Ocean Blue (Sold and comfort will be missed, but not the weight)
post #7 of 8 Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:48 pm Thread Starter

Sorry to be so late with thanks for your reply--I have started back on the project and find myself in the middle, somewhere. I have the CAMOS units talking, OR both headsets getting audio from a pair of wiREVO-1000V bluetooth adaptors (the audio can come from any audio out and are hooked to the twin BTA's through a splitter) The problem is that it is intercom or BTA, but never both--ie when the intercom comes on (VOX activated) the other channel goes dead.

I will report more later. Thanks for all the help.

Rocketbike
post #8 of 8 Old Sep 7th, 2008, 1:38 am Thread Starter

Cool Re: Zumo-CAMOS-Bluetooth

OK--Got it figured out. I really love those German manuals--not! But the German products (BTS200) do exactly what they say they will do but nothing follows the logic you would think.

The trick here is time--time to let the intercom fully sync BEFORE turning on channel one and syncing the audio channel--this would apply to either the wiREVO's or a ZUMO. The killer here is that the lights on the CAMOS headsets go out when the other channel is operation, making it seem like it is off the air. Let the VOX function on the mike die out (30 sec) and presto, the red light for channel 1 comes back on with music from ZUMO or in my case wiREVO's tied to the audio of ZUMO. Lots of time, figuring this out, but patience is the key and let it do its thing once everything is in sync. Phone works too!

Rocketbike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in