Zumo and Autocom question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 5:44 pm Thread Starter

Zumo and Autocom question

I have a Zumo 550 and an old auto com in my 2002 lt. My question is when I hook up the Bluetooth for my phone I can recive calls and hear the other people make calls and hear other people but no one can hear me.. Any suggestions on what to do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Re: Zumo and Autocom question

First, bookmark www.zumoforums.com; suffice to say that site is to Zumo owners what this site is to LT owners. Tons of info.

I also have a Zumo connected to a pre-2006 Autocom. You did not specify how you connected them but I assume that you only have the "audio out" from the Zumo to your Autocom. You have to get the mike signal from your Autocom mike to the Zumo. There are several methods. One is the Zumo-specific adaptor available from Autocom. There are two models depending on whether you have a pre or post-2006 Autocom. The connector fits both jacks (mike in and audio out) on the Zumo cradle.

I connected a Motorola HF820 Bluetooth adaptor (discontinued but available on eBay) to my intercom using the standard Autocom phone cable. The HF820 has a mini-jack that the more recent Motorola units lack.
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 8:51 pm

I also use the Autocom pre-2006 with my Zumo 550 however I use it through the the Autocom adaptor (#1300) which the audio in/out plugs into. Works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcarter
First, bookmark www.zumoforums.com; suffice to say that site is to Zumo owners what this site is to LT owners. Tons of info.

I also have a Zumo connected to a pre-2006 Autocom. You did not specify how you connected them but I assume that you only have the "audio out" from the Zumo to your Autocom. You have to get the mike signal from your Autocom mike to the Zumo. There are several methods. One is the Zumo-specific adaptor available from Autocom. There are two models depending on whether you have a pre or post-2006 Autocom. The connector fits both jacks (mike in and audio out) on the Zumo cradle.

I connected a Motorola HF820 Bluetooth adaptor (discontinued but available on eBay) to my intercom using the standard Autocom phone cable. The HF820 has a mini-jack that the more recent Motorola units lack.

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 12:13 pm

To explain my setup, I used the BT adapter and the audio cable. This allows me to make and receive phone calls at a higher priority than other audio. It also adds a fair amount of expense to the system.

The problem you can run into is that if the phone is not on a separate port on the autocom, you need to disable the priority since everything will have the same priority (the zumo will handle the priorities). If you don't disable it (the autocom manual tells you how), when you talk into the mic, it will reduce the volume of the audio, which means the person you're talking to will be 1/2 muted. Maybe not a bad thing all the time.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 13th, 2008, 2:05 pm

hi brianf70 check this link out you should be able to use this for a fraction of the price of the autocom one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=009

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in