Zumo/Autocom: questions - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 7th, 2008, 2:35 pm Thread Starter

Zumo/Autocom: questions

I have a Zumo 550 with XM and an Autocom Pro 7 sport. If I connect it as Autocom suggests I feed it directly into the aux input on the Autocom, which will work fine except that I lose the speed sensitive volume. It seems to me that I may be able to feed the audio out into the Aux connection on the radio and the audio in (mic) to the autocom, thereby preserving the speed sensitive volume.

Anyone know if that's possible? I do not have a BMW comm system, only the audio system, but I assume there is an aux input on the audio system since "Aux" can be selected. Obviously if it is possible I would lose the ability to get sound from the Zumo and the radio simultaneously, but I'm not too concerned with that, since I prefer XM ot terrestrial radio anyway.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a means to do it all: preserve speed sensitive volume, get prioritized audio from the Zumo on top of the radio, and have the XM function?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 7th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Re: Zumo/Autocom: questions

I also wanted to pipe the Zumo' audio through my LT's onboard stereo to preserve the speed sensitive volume, and to be able to use the handlebar audio controls.

My '99 LT does not have auxiliary input on the stereo so I used a cassette adaptor with an extension cable to route the audio cable to my Zumo cradle.

If you don't have a cassette deck your bike will probably accept the BMW auxiliary input cable that plugs into the rear of the radio unit. It's been discussed numerous times if you want to try running a search.
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 7th, 2008, 5:56 pm Thread Starter

Re: Zumo/Autocom: questions

The bike is an '05. Actually I can't find solid information related to that connection: does it in fact exist, or as someone speculated is the "Aux" indication on the display something intedned for future use, but not active? Anybody know the answer?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in