Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Leiden (NL - EU), , The Netherlands
Re: Zumo/Baehr/Bluetooth mic doesn't work
So I understand you have the following setup:
- Zumo attached by cable to Baehr (2 plugs into Zumo Cradle, 1 DIN plug into Baehr; probably Baehr-Zumo cable?)
- BT connection between cell phone and Zumo
- Wired connection between Baehr intercom and helmet(s)
I have experienced the same problem. I even tried to use the Garmin external microphone directly plugged into the Zumo cradle, without success. Apparently the design of the cradle is not perfect causing many (not all) Zumo cradles to fail here; I have tried 3 different cradles, and none of them worked.
I have solved the problem by buying the Baehr Bluephone BT dongle. My current set up:
- Zumo attached by cable to Baehr (MP3 accessory cable from Baehr - audio output of MP3 and navigation only)
- Zumo attached via BT to Baehr bluephone (phone only)
- Zumo attached via BT to phone
- wired connection of intercom to helmets.
R1200GS Adventure LC 2018, Blackstorm/Schieferdunkel Matt/Achatgrau (Triple Black), in full options, BMW Navigator V
R1200GSA LC '18 <- R1200GSA LC '14 <- K1600GTL '12 <- R1200GS Adventure '09 <- K1200GT '07 <- K1200LT '05 <- K1200LT '99 <- K1100LT '95 <- K75RT '92