Camos 600, WiRevo, Zumo Woes - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old May 15th, 2008, 11:02 am Thread Starter

Camos 600, WiRevo, Zumo Woes

Posted this in the Intercom forum, then realized the subject didn't really address the problem.

Having a heck of a time getting the WiRevo into the mix. Had no problems pairing the Camos 600 with Zumo, or the Zumo to my iPhone. Everything works great. Can make calls, listen to music, get directions. No problems. However, when I try to add the WiRevo, that's when things go cahfluey!

Followed the directions provided by the folks at benchmarkhelmets.com, Pairing Stereo Adaptor

1. Pair Camos to Zumo - Fine - Little headset icon appears on Zumo screen.
2. Before turnig Zumo off, change Bluetooth audio to, "Phone Only" - No problems there.
3. Prepare Camos to pair with WiRevo - Toggle dip switch from 1 to 2, and back to 1, fine. Camos light blinking rapidly.
4. Hold menu button on WiRevo while turning unit on. Lights flash, eventually only blue light flashing.
5. Turn on Zumo
6. Plug in WiRevo adaptor using the plug with the headset icon, turn volume up on WiRevo
7. Select MP3 player, play a song, hear nothing.
8. Select navigation - hear nothing
9. Make a call - no problems.
10. Go back in Zumo, change Bluetooth audio to, "Navigation, MP3, Phone", voila, hear everything, but nothing in stereo.
11. Turn off WiRevo, doesn't make a difference.

There must be something I'm missing somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

I think the WiRevo is paired correctly to the Camos, because if I turn the WiRevo off, then back on, I hear some little beeps.

This is a great system, if I can get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by stefeb; May 15th, 2008 at 11:08 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old May 15th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Re: Camos 600, WiRevo, Zumo Woes

Congratualtions! You have made amazing progress. I've been going through the same things except using a TomTom 920 instead of a Zumo. One thought based on all of the trial and error I went through--what channel are you using on the Camos? Im not sure what difference it makes, but I know I had to try both channels before getting everything to work on channel 1. Let us all know how you solve it since the problems and variations of same appear to be universal. Moot
post #3 of 10 Old May 15th, 2008, 12:47 pm Thread Starter

I've been using Channel 1. Tried Channel 2 before the WiRevo came into my life, and can't remember why I went back to Channel 1.

Just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I wonder....Should the Camos not be paired to the Zumo at all, and only paired to the WiRevo?

At present, the Camos 600 is paired to both the Zumo, and to the WiRevo.

But, if my Zumo is paired to my iPhone, and the Bluetooth audio is set to, "Phone Only", ooops never mind, if the Camos weren't paired to the Zumo, I'd never hear my phone calls.

I understand that the WiRevo is to take the place of a wired headseat, hence, the "Phone Only " audio setting, but there just must be something wrong with the way I'm setting up the WiRevo.

Help!! Somebody!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moot
Congratualtions! You have made amazing progress. I've been going through the same things except using a TomTom 920 instead of a Zumo. One thought based on all of the trial and error I went through--what channel are you using on the Camos? Im not sure what difference it makes, but I know I had to try both channels before getting everything to work on channel 1. Let us all know how you solve it since the problems and variations of same appear to be universal. Moot

post #4 of 10 Old May 15th, 2008, 7:24 pm

I recall speaking to the guy who runs Sierra Electronics. He seemed to know how to do it, which profiles to use on which pairings. Might want to ring him up. 800-338-6938 (Ohio)

Found this YouTube instructional video as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd1au...eature=related

pg
DD

Last edited by pgeller; May 15th, 2008 at 7:58 pm.
post #5 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 12:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefeb
Posted this in the Intercom forum, then realized the subject didn't really address the problem.

Having a heck of a time getting the WiRevo into the mix. Had no problems pairing the Camos 600 with Zumo, or the Zumo to my iPhone. Everything works great. Can make calls, listen to music, get directions. No problems. However, when I try to add the WiRevo, that's when things go cahfluey!

Followed the directions provided by the folks at benchmarkhelmets.com, Pairing Stereo Adaptor

2. Before turnig Zumo off, change Bluetooth audio to, "Phone Only" - No problems there.
3. Prepare Camos to pair with WiRevo - Toggle dip switch from 1 to 2, and back to 1, fine. Camos light blinking rapidly.
4. Hold menu button on WiRevo while turning unit on. Lights flash, eventually only blue light flashing.
5. Turn on Zumo
6. Plug in WiRevo adaptor using the plug with the headset icon, turn volume up on WiRevo
10. Go back in Zumo, change Bluetooth audio to, "Navigation, MP3, Phone", voila, hear everything, but nothing in stereo.

I think the WiRevo is paired correctly to the Camos, because if I turn the WiRevo off, then back on, I hear some little beeps.

This is a great system, if I can get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
That seems like it should work. Do you still have any other BT devices on, like your cell phone. It seemed to help me to make sure I only had the devices I was trying to pair enabled.

"Don't do anything you'd be embarrassed to explain to the paramedics."

Gary Helmers
Sparks, NV
2002 K1200LT
2003 XR250R
post #6 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 5:41 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retread
That seems like it should work. Do you still have any other BT devices on, like your cell phone. It seemed to help me to make sure I only had the devices I was trying to pair enabled.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I had my phone on during the process. When I try again today, I'll be sure to have my cell phone off during the pairing of the Camos and WiRevo. Willing to give it a try.
post #7 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 7:52 am

Mine paired up by itself before I had a chance to follow the directions?
post #8 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 10:19 am Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Big_E]Mine paired up by itself before I had a chance to follow the directions?[/QUhttp://www.bmwlt.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=294952#OTE]

Glad it worked for you. Maybe one unit or the other is defective.
post #9 of 10 Old May 19th, 2008, 9:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefeb

5. Turn on Zumo

Thanks.
I think I know what your problem with the Wirevo is

Do you have the Zumo MC mount wired to the bikes power?
I was trying to make mine link as well and it didnt work until I installed MC mount and wired it to my fuse box. Worked perfect right away.
Took me two days to figure that out. Make sure you go back and select phone only in the Audio.
Its a sweet system now that I have it dialed in.
PS- I ride a Duc ST3 but found this post while trying to figure out the set up for the Camo/ WiRevo/Phone/ Zumo 550.
Great site - might influence me to go German.
post #10 of 10 Old May 20th, 2008, 6:30 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST05
I think I know what your problem with the Wirevo is

Do you have the Zumo MC mount wired to the bikes power?
I was trying to make mine link as well and it didnt work until I installed MC mount and wired it to my fuse box. Worked perfect right away.
Took me two days to figure that out. Make sure you go back and select phone only in the Audio.
Its a sweet system now that I have it dialed in.
PS- I ride a Duc ST3 but found this post while trying to figure out the set up for the Camo/ WiRevo/Phone/ Zumo 550.
Great site - might influence me to go German.
Thanks for the suggestion, but to answer your question, no. The Zumo is connected to my Centech AP-1 fuse panel.

Back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in