GPS absolute lowest price? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 8th, 2008, 8:21 am Thread Starter

GPS absolute lowest price?

Anybody have any dealings with either pcnation.com or thenerds.net?

They have posted the lowest prices I can find but I'm not familiar with either of them. I have narrowed my choice to a Garmin 2820 and thenerds.net has them for 434.00, pcnation.com has 457.00 with free shipping.

My biggest concern is with support, customer service, return polices, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 8th, 2008, 11:52 am

Re: GPS absolute lowest price?

I bought (forget which model), but a rather pricey GPS from a power seller on Ebay, cost was nearly $500. Figuring I had my AMEX to back me up with any issues, it arrives defective. I call the man and ask what else he suggests, and he mentions two other models, one nearly $100 more.

Being it was for my mother, AND I had to drive back and forth an hour to figure out if it was working or not, I asked the guy if he would exchange it, or refund the money. He offered, on the phone, either way with a week to decide, but wanted 10% for restocking if refunded.

I asked why I would need to pay a restocking fee on a defective item. After finding the same items elsewhere for much less, I requested a refund. He then stated he would not refund the money, at all.

I then suggested I would have AMEX handle any dispute, if we could not agree. He said "see what you can get", we have a no refund policy on our web site.

Long story short, I was very tired of having to argue with yet another less than honest merchant, told the man I was not interested in any conflict and let it go.

A week later the money was refunded, all of it.

So, be very careful who you buy from and read the fine print.

Best is to deal with a local, reputable company that will either refund the money no questions asked, or offer a warranty, that does not have questionable or convoluted verbiage.

Lots of good reviews at Amazon.com
post #3 of 3 Old May 9th, 2008, 12:13 am

Re: GPS absolute lowest price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-NC
Anybody have any dealings with either pcnation.com or thenerds.net?

They have posted the lowest prices I can find but I'm not familiar with either of them. I have narrowed my choice to a Garmin 2820 and thenerds.net has them for 434.00, pcnation.com has 457.00 with free shipping.

My biggest concern is with support, customer service, return polices, etc..
As I posted before... I bought a Zumo 550 from Erwin Computers (erwincomp.com) out of New Jersey for $637.00. Checked out the dealer with Garmin and they gave them a 4.5 star rating out of 5.

They also sell lots of other GPS's

Bill
05 K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in