Set up with factory Com systems, Alot of questions. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 7th, 2008, 11:16 pm Thread Starter

Set up with factory Com systems, Alot of questions.

I bought my 03 LT 3 weeks ago and unlike my 2000 model, this 03 has the factory intercom unit. I have alot od questions as I am trying to figure out how to set this up. I only ride solo and will never use the intercom part. However it seems that there are some advantages to the com unit even if you ride solo. I was looking at headsets and I think I would go with the J&M unit as they get alot of good reviews. I have looked into adding a zumo and XM or just the XM radio. I have seen that the auxilry input only works with the headset which probably wont be a problem since I would use the headset on longer rides and that when I would want to use the add ons. So here are my questions:

1) If I add a Zumo will the music cancel out during directions?

2) Can the zumo tie into the com unit so that when talking into the microphone, I can talk and recieve calls while the phone is hooked through the bluetooth in the Zumo? I know my bluteooth phone connects well to a zumo but how does the interface between zumo and com unit work?

3) does the headset cord have to extend all the way to the port on the dash by the mirror or can I connect to the port in the center glove box?

4) Is there a way to set the system up so that when I have the headset plugged into the com unit the speakers dont work? and when I dont have the headset plugged in the sound goes throught the speakers? has anyone found it annoying having the sound come from the speakers and the headset?

I think thats all. I know the XM standalone would be easier to integrate but I found the zumo with the touchscreen so nice even when operating the XM when I had it on my RT. I dont really want to pony up the money for another zumo and GXM-30 but when looking at the 2730, the prices are that that far away from the zumo. Granted its an additional 200 for the antena but at only 200 dollar differance I will go with a zumo. Any other suggestiosn or really good prices on a 2730 or other garmin unit with the GXM-30 ( it must have text to speach)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in