Tried the wife's Mio C220 on the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 8:47 pm Thread Starter

Tried the wife's Mio C220 on the LT

It was dead on, the speaker might as well not have one is not loud enough to be of any use in the car much less rolling down the road on the Lt with wind noise and the stereo on. I still had the cassette adapter in the cassette player from my XM radio, so I used the suction mount and mounted it on the flip up stingray cover, plugged in the cassette adapter to the external speaker jack on the gps, plugged the power cord into a lighter socket under the seat that I run off my battery tender plug, pit it on CD1 and it worked great. Granted it's an either or gps sound or stereo sound, but I only turned the gps sound on when I got close to where I was going.
The gps was within a mile or two of the trip computer on the mph and a lot closer than the speedo. It was easy to see in bright sunlight. It's not weather proof so a plastic zip lock bag would work in all but a down pour and it was only 149 bucks at pep boy's. Stop for gas, just unplugged the two cords, un snapped it from the mount and stuck it in my jacket pocket, out of sight out of mind.

Last edited by Coot; Apr 21st, 2008 at 8:53 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in