Nav. III Screen Brightness - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:03 pm Thread Starter

Nav. III Screen Brightness

I just sprung for the new Nav III for my LT. I got it all hooked up which was a breeze since my LT was prewired for a GPS. It works like a charm and is a lot faster processing than the Zumo that I took off. The Zumo always was just a little behind where I was on the map. The only problem that I am concerned with is the screen brightness. I went into the system to adjust it and it showed it to be at 100%. My Zumo was a lot brighter and I didn't have any problem seeing it unless the sun was just in the wrong spot. The Nav III I have to shade to see it no matter where the sun is. Any helpful ideas out there other than buying a shade for it? Don

Off subject, I think I know why crotch rocket riders don't wave. They are afraid to turn loose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Mar 15th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Re: Nav. III Screen Brightness

I have the same problem with my NAV III. I have been through the NAV I & II and was really surprised to discover this on the III. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about this.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #3 of 6 Old Mar 15th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger6
I have the same problem with my NAV III. I have been through the NAV I & II and was really surprised to discover this on the III. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about this.
I have a Garmin 2820 that I don't think is bright enough either.

FWIW - If you decide to go the route of a sunshade try this web site:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...o?sku=065-0405

The visor displayed is for the 2820 which is what I have. Based on the note at the lower left of the screen, they make a shade for the NAV II which would be the same as your NAV III. The SKU 065-0401 visor would fit over both the GPS and the NAV III cradle with the buttons. It might be a pain though if you remove your GPS a lot for security purposes. (The website link at the bottom of their page didn't work for me but you can see SKU 065-0401 by using their search feature which oddly enough shows a StreetPilot III or something.)

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Mar 16th, 2008, 2:26 pm
Miles of Smiles

Garage

Used both NAV II (2610 ) and now the NAV III ( 2820 ) about the same brightness to me. Check the auto sense window on the back of the unit is clean, I also use the auto brightness setting most of the time, rather than the manual setting

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #5 of 6 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I received a Nav III to replace my Nav II uder warranty and the screen looks loike wha t you describe also. I called Garmin they said send it back for service. Whats your thoghts? Worth while or not. Tim
post #6 of 6 Old Sep 16th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking04
I received a Nav III to replace my Nav II uder warranty and the screen looks loike wha t you describe also. I called Garmin they said send it back for service. Whats your thoghts? Worth while or not. Tim
I am interested if you managed to get this sorted. Just fitted the NAVIII to my LT and although screen brightness is set to 100% find it very difficult to see the screen in all but the dullest of conditions.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in