Zumo Ram Mount - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 7:43 pm Thread Starter

Zumo Ram Mount

Has anyone used this particular mount?

http://65.102.174.116/rammount/motor...&m=K1200LT&g=1

The handle bar base option? I have not seen any gps units mounted on the handle bar.

Thank you for all who respond!

Thanks again!

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 7:55 am
Lifetime Supporter

looks interesting...

When I went to mount my Zummo I called about options and the sales lady told me that mount was not available to them. She explained that the regional brokers do not carry everything. I went with the RCU small shelf and the standard ball and arm. I am now going to order the longer arm so I do not have to reach so far to the unit. I must say that since it has been directly in front of me, just below the line of sight, I really like it there. Very little looking to one side or the other, just a quick glance down. FWIW, I would recommend putting it in front as opposed to the side...

Dave Oehler
2005 LT Dark Graphite - "K-Ship"

BMW-MOA 121422

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 2:05 pm

That handle bar base is optional. It's purpose is to mount the GPS unit on top of the clutch reservoir. Not what one would call a normal location but considering the "odd" shape of the LT's handle bars, it is the option that makes the most sense using RAM parts.

I would be quite interested in seeing how others have mounted their ZUMOs to their LTs.

post #4 of 7 Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 3:44 pm Thread Starter

Thank you guys! I'm just looking for options before I have to start making holes.

If anyone uses this mount, please give advice as oppose to front mount.

Thanks again!

Ken
post #5 of 7 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Ram mount

Found this item while surfing for a solution for my R12RT on order. I have a Zumo on my HD Ultra and will be transferring. Any experience with it ?
Thanks

http://www.mv-motorrad.de/lshop,show...--001.001,.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1157727944-4572.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	15761  
post #6 of 7 Old Dec 28th, 2007, 2:23 pm

Zumo Ram mount

Hello again, thought I would give another try as never received reply on prior post from Forum members or company in Germany....
I have done a lot of surfing on this, and would appreciate personal experience opinion. I have ordered a R1200 RT and already had Zumo prior bike.
I lean towards a mount somewhere off the handlebar bolts that I can position with the Ram arm out of the way of the tankbag and the center console.
Grateful for your advice.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 126cu.bmp (300.1 KB, 449 views)
File Type: bmp 272u.bmp (262.6 KB, 276 views)
File Type: bmp 345u.bmp (262.6 KB, 237 views)
post #7 of 7 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 7:36 am

Zumo Ram mount

Hello again, thought I would give another try as never received reply on prior post from Forum members or company in Germany....
I have done a lot of surfing on this, and would appreciate personal experience opinion. I have ordered a R1200 RT and already had Zumo prior bike.
I lean towards a mount somewhere off the handlebar bolts that I can position with the Ram arm out of the way of the tankbag and the center console.
Grateful for your advice.

perhaps my long reply was deleted. here's a compressed version:

on my r1200rt, the ram mount works great. just a slight block in the mirror. dealer claims it can also be mounted between bars, just like 'factory' model. another mfg has very high quality mount gadget for hole behind bar. so total of at least 4 spots for mounting stuff like gps, radar, sat radio antenna, easy-pass, etc.

just bought add'l goodies to make zumo stereo and wireless for all features - fone, sat-rad, mp3. and have small tank bag made just for this bike. if interested, let me know and i'll dig up the info on this stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in