Us maps to my Zumo! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 1:29 pm Thread Starter

Question Us maps to my Zumo!

Can anyone BMW owner, who lives in Florida,maybe nearby Miami, help me? I'm a finnish LT owner, and I'm going to make a great American tour with my bike in next august(2008).
I have tried to buy a US map(SD data card, City Navigator NT, North America)
to my Zumo 550. There is preloaded Europe maps in my device, but next august I need that preceding map.
In Garmin webstore pages they announced that they sell in domestic markets only. So, if I want to buy one I should be in somewhere in States personally like as tourist and then I can buy it. (How easy?!)
Okay, I am make a visit to Florida with my brother and uncle next weekend(30 Nov.) Do anyone know a place(store) from where I can buy that City Navigator??? We'll rent a car from Miami airport and we are driving Miami - FT. Lauderdale area.
Great thanks advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kari
"Errare Humanum Est "

1600 GTL Exclusive '14 -even better-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1600 GTL '11 Silver (gone but not forgotten)
LT '07 Night Black (sold)
F800GS '09 (sold)
LT '05 Ocean Blue( sold)
PanEuropean ST 1300 '04(sold)
BMWMOA #139294

Midway,UT '08, Black Hills,SD '09, Killington,VT '10, Boise,ID '11, Duluth,MN '12, Bend,OR '13 Chattanooga,TN '14, Coeur D'Alene,ID '15 without the Finns?? No way...!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Garage
quattro

Try this site with your post.

www.zumoforums.com

Lots of Europeans on the site that should be able to provide all the help you require.

post #3 of 6 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Kari,

It seems like you are looking for a location where you can buy the City Navigator NT in Miami on your upcoming trip?

If so, please look at the following link for locations in Florida.

Best Buy, Circuit City, or CompUSA would probably be your best choice. You can use any of the mapping programs (maps.google.com or yahoomaps) online to find a location close to your hotel.

Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

post #4 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2007, 10:18 am Thread Starter

Hey you all!
Thank's to you for the answer's. I made a quick look to BB, CC and CompUsa's
website's and I find only City Navigator NT update DVD. I could't find same software in SD-card. I'm not sure if it works direct in my Zumo, because there is preinstalled City Navigator NT Europe. I hope that those stores sell SD-cards with software too, and I'll find what I need.

Kari

Kari
"Errare Humanum Est "

F800GS '09 (sold)
LT '05 Ocean Blue( sold)
BMWMOA #139294

Midway,UT '08, Black Hills,SD '09, Killington,VT '10, Boise,ID '11, Duluth,MN '12, Bend,OR '13 Chattanooga,TN '14, Coeur D'Alene,ID '15 without the Finns?? No way...!!!

post #5 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2007, 2:24 pm

I looked on the Garmin web site and only found the City Navigator NT on DVD. It mentions that you have to load the DVD on your computer, perform an unlock of the software, and then download to the unit or SD card. I would certainly expect that any of the stores mentioned will have SD cards.

Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

post #6 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2007, 3:05 pm Thread Starter

Hey Alan!
Thank's for your counsel. I'll try that DVD software. I have plenty of time to try it before the trip. Next I will start to plan routes and interesting places to visit.Most important thing is to join CCR2008!

Kari

Kari
"Errare Humanum Est "

F800GS '09 (sold)
LT '05 Ocean Blue( sold)
BMWMOA #139294

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in