WOW tom tom one 3rd edition $159 (until 9/3/07only) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 31st, 2007, 9:31 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

WOW tom tom one 3rd edition $159 (until 9/3/07only)

Just saw that tigerdirect.com has the new "3rd edition" tom tom one on special sale for the next 3 days only for $159.99. Doesn't say anything about being waterproof or water resistant, but the thing has pre-loaded maps, bluetooth, text to speech, 59 voices, and a BATTERY...in other words most of the same stuff my $699 ZUMO 550 has, without the fancy mounts (but you can get you a ram mount setup from ebay for about 29 bucks... or hell, get a tank bag with a sealed transparent "map pocket" and slip the damn thing in there, run the cigarette plug to your LT's plug with an adapter from A&S BMW, and still save $400...)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...OD#detailspecs

is the link for tigerdirect

http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...tegory=0&Lid=4

is tomtom's link with all the info on the product.

you can thank me later, but don't wait too long.

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 7:21 am

Be aware:
That's a Refurbished unit.
Brand new one can be had for $227.00

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #3 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 12:29 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

yeah, refurbished, from Tom Tom, with a 12 month full warranty like the brand new one. Doesn't make me nervous, you?

I ordered one this morning.

post #4 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 1:15 pm

I have a TOM TOM one and LOVE it....I thought about mounting it, but just keep it in my mapcase on my tankbag
post #5 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 1:56 pm

I have a tomtom rider 2, and i love it too !

Grimzel Pass, Swiss Alps, 2165m (7103 ft), July 07
post #6 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2007, 5:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
yeah, refurbished, from Tom Tom, with a 12 month full warranty like the brand new one. Doesn't make me nervous, you?

I ordered one this morning.
That's fine. Just want to be clear that it's not "brand new"

Actually I think most "refurbished" items are items that were returned to stores without anything wrong with them, but because the package is opened it can't be resold as "new". Probably only went back to the manufacturer to be checked out and repackaged. In most cases it's no different than getting an "open box" discount from Best Buy or Circuit City except that this has been checked out by the manufacturer.

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #7 of 11 Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 1:21 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josmas
That's fine. Just want to be clear that it's not "brand new"

Actually I think most "refurbished" items are items that were returned to stores without anything wrong with them, but because the package is opened it can't be resold as "new". Probably only went back to the manufacturer to be checked out and repackaged. In most cases it's no different than getting an "open box" discount from Best Buy or Circuit City except that this has been checked out by the manufacturer.

cool beans...I think twice for EBay auctions of refurb'd stuff, but when it comes direct from the company through authorized re-sellers carrying the same warranty, I don't blink.

My last three desktops and the laptop I am typing on were refurbished. For grins I tracked down WHY my most recent desktop was "refurbished" and the manufacturer's rep told me it was because the VP of exterior design decided that the outer case had too much black and not enough silver, recalled the entire line in a giant pissing match with manufacturing (not precisely his words, but the message). In other words, I saved 50% on a perfect machine with the identical warranty coverage because some "designer" with a bug up his or her backside didn't like the color scheme?

Wish I could get the same deal on an '08 LT..."Hans, vee don't like dat zee chrome on zee pahhhzenger pegz covers 52.36% of the visable surface. Pull dem all bahhk und mark dem refurbished und sell dem to the Ahmericuns for half price, they buy anything, those lite bier drinkers!"

P

post #8 of 11 Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 5:40 am

Quote:
"Hans, vee don't like dat zee chrome on zee pahhhzenger pegz covers 52.36% of the visable surface. Pull dem all bahhk und mark dem refurbished und sell dem to the Ahmericuns for half price, they buy anything, those lite bier drinkers!"

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #9 of 11 Old Sep 7th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Quote:
Just saw that tigerdirect.com has the new "3rd edition" tom tom one on special sale for the next 3 days only for $159.99. Doesn't say anything about being waterproof or water resistant, but the thing has pre-loaded maps, bluetooth, text to speech, 59 voices, and a BATTERY...in other words most of the same stuff my $699 ZUMO 550 has, without the fancy mounts (but you can get you a ram mount setup from ebay for about 29 bucks... or hell, get a tank bag with a sealed transparent "map pocket" and slip the damn thing in there, run the cigarette plug to your LT's plug with an adapter from A&S BMW, and still save $400...)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...OD#detailspecs

is the link for tigerdirect

http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...tegory=0&Lid=4

is tomtom's link with all the info on the product.

Pete-
Thanks for to tip!!!
Got mine yesterday and love it.....what a deal!

Now I gotta get it and the V-1 mounted properly.

Thanks again And BTW they were serious about the three days.

Mike
post #10 of 11 Old Sep 7th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Just what my mom needs. She still drives her mini van in the AR, LA, TX area visiting friends and family, and she has trouble finding places these days. She's 83 now, and is still going strong. Thanks for the tip!

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #11 of 11 Old Sep 10th, 2007, 7:46 am

WOW tom tom one 3rd edition $159 (until 9/3/07only)

Tk's for the heads up! I just got mine in the mail and love it, good find. MK

Michael Dale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in