BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

GPS Waterproofing

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rodgtc 
#1 ·
I've been using a Garmin StreetPilot c330 on my 05 1200lt. I velcroed the dash disk provided to the flat spot above the radio and the suction cup holds just fine. I run the power cord under the seat to the power outlet in the back. Everything works great - easy to read the screen and reach the touch screen controls. My only problem is rain. The c330 is designed for in vehicle use - not waterproof I'm sure. I've been putting a clear plastic baggy over it securing it with a small bungy cord. Pretty low tech, but so far so good. Looks kind of funky. Unable to read very well with baggy in place. Any ideas on something a little slicker? Budget won't alow for the $700 -$1500 for a bike friendly GPS.

If it's raining I'll be able to pick out at CCR.

Russ
aka Sheepdog

#2 ·
Waterproof

Hey Russ, I had the same problem with my Garmin Nuvi and ended up slipping it in the map pocket on my tank bag, I punched a hole for the power cord and I can see it and operate the touch screen through the clear map pocket. When it is not raining it's mounted on top of the tank infront of the tank bag.

Have good one

Rodger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.