garmin navII - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Aug 19th, 2007, 12:01 pm Thread Starter

garmin navII

I have a NavII and many times it will go beep beep beep in my headset and change screens on its own. anybody else have this problem .Thanks Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Aug 19th, 2007, 12:07 pm

I believe the solution is to disable the IR function. It's in the menus somewhere . . . also in the manual, if you still have that.
post #3 of 10 Old Aug 19th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Mine will change screens, but I never have it hooked to me helmet. I do not have speakers in my helmet ....yet...

That is a way to get rid of the beep but it will still change screens. I may have to try the advice above

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need to stay awake

post #4 of 10 Old Aug 19th, 2007, 6:15 pm

I had this exact problem with a 2610. Sent it back and they gave me another one that is perfect!
post #5 of 10 Old Aug 24th, 2007, 2:32 pm

I have had that happen a time or two. I have noticed that it is always in the same location. I believed mine to be a problem with satellite reception and atmospheric conditions. However, I have updated the map in the unite t o North America, version 8 and seem to have it no longer happening.

I want to die young...at a ripe old age.

Several Triumphs (which I still love)
one Beezer 441
Harley Sportster (which I still hate and was ecstatic to see go)
2003 LT- traded for 2005
2005 LT- traded for deer (dead after the introduction to the LT- both totaled)
2005 LT- sold for a 2008 Gold Wing GL1800
2008 GL1800 Gold Wing
BMWMOA
post #6 of 10 Old Sep 19th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Nav II screen flicker

Thanks for the information about when you updated to V2008 the flicker, screen change, and beeps went away. I was going to ask if I should spend the money on a map up-grade, if the Nav II was going to need expensive repairs.
My Nav II has these issues when the temperature gets above 95F.
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 7th, 2008, 11:54 am

Gps Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill
I had this exact problem with a 2610. Sent it back and they gave me another one that is perfect!
Got a 2610 last year ( discounted at BMW Dlr).Took a 2500 mile trip last summer and none of us could figure out how to program in a specific address. Cities were fine and all the other do-dads ( compass etc were fun).

Computers help me but scare me.

ANY IDEAS THAT YOU FOLKS CAN PASS ON TO THIS GPS DUMMY?

The wife just got a Tom Tom and we can worjk that just fine.
post #8 of 10 Old Jan 7th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Undocumented Garmin 2610 features

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyK
Got a 2610 last year ( discounted at BMW Dlr).Took a 2500 mile trip last summer and none of us could figure out how to program in a specific address. Cities were fine and all the other do-dads ( compass etc were fun)
I assume you don't have the owners manual. I don't have my 2610 anymore so I can't give you verbatim instructions. However, the attached link may provide more information then you are looking for but there is a section that should help you learn how to find an address.
http://home.socal.rr.com/diverhank/S...#_Toc144991165

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

post #9 of 10 Old Jan 7th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Nav II

Roadking04
I had the same problem on the nav II that came on my 06 LT. It wouldn't do it all the time and once in a while the find menu would come up on its own and already have the location I was at filled in. I had Modesto BMW send it back to Garmin since it is still under warranty and have not received it back or a replacement. Hope they run out of II's and have to send me a III!

Rich

Rich

07 R1200RT Bairitz Blue
06 K1200LT Storm Grey
06 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCUI
post #10 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:43 am

2610 gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsonderb
I assume you don't have the owners manual. I don't have my 2610 anymore so I can't give you verbatim instructions. However, the attached link may provide more information then you are looking for but there is a section that should help you learn how to find an address.
http://home.socal.rr.com/diverhank/S...#_Toc144991165
Thanks for the website tip it looks very useful. I'll have to play around when I have some free time.

Thank again,
Bobby K

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in