Need feedback on the TomTom One - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 3:45 pm Thread Starter

Need feedback on the TomTom One

Anybody have one of these and willing to talk about it? I've had my old StreetPilot 3 since 2002 and it seems to get slower on the calculations every time I use it (yes, I have the 256 MB chip which slows everything.)

Is the TomTom user-friendly with easy data entry?
Can I read the display at 80 MPH?
Are the maps reasonably up-to-date? (my pet peeve w/ Garmin's database)
Voice prompt?
And will it allow me to enter data WHILE MOVING? (my girlfriend's built-in GPS in her Infiniti locks the input keys as soon as you start moving: not even the passenger can enter data. Very irritating).

FridayBob Chalfant
University Circle, Cleveland, OH
'01 LTC in black, Elvira
'07 LTC in Blue, no name yet
129,000+ miles, 49 states, 9 provinces, Mexico

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Positive I can't help with the TT1, but, there is an "input while moving mod" that you can do to the Infiniti -- do an online forum search for her model -- it's a popular topic.
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 18th, 2007, 8:12 pm

I was reading my August 2007 AMA American Motorcyclist and there is article about TomTom offering a $100 factory rebate to AMA members on the TomTom 'Rider'. According to the article it is a M/C design and has Bluetooth.

Even if you are not actually considering this model, with an extra $100 above your best deal anywhere it might be worth considering. The rebate form is on the AMA website only. It seems you have to be an AMA member to get the rebate.. but that is only $37 a year so it still may be a good deal.

I also have an SP III with a 256 MB card and I feel your pain. I was thinking that I would just get another Garmin. Maybe a remanufactured 2610 or maybe go for a current 28XX vintage over the winter. The more I look at them the more confused I get. Probably where you are.

I would eventually like to go all Bluetooth but that would be expensive.. for something I really all ready have. As long as the Bluetooth Comm package for the Nolan N-102 NCOM is not stereo I'm pretty sure that I won't do that right now but I would imagine that it will be there someday. I figure that if I plan ahead it won't be too costly when it finally is available.

Earlier this year I was down south on a trip and I ran across a guy at a wayside with a Nolan N-102 with the Bluetooth running and he just raved about it.. and the flexibility...

Since then I upgraded my Nolan N100E an now have a N-102 so I am actually started..

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in