Zumo to Autocom???? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:03 pm Thread Starter

Zumo to Autocom????

I want to be able to hear the voice commands of the new Zumo 550 I bought. How can I hook it up to the AutoCom, and will that work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 7:36 am

When I mounted my Zumo I found there are a couple of options. The older StreetPilots, like the 2610, had voice prompts as the only audio output. The output was mono, and you could run it to the priority/phone port on your Autocom. The newer Garmins (like the 2730 and the Zumo) have XM radio and MP3 audio as well, so it is all stereo.

I have an older Autocom Active-7 Sport with one music jack, which I currently use for my bike's onboard stereo input. One method of connecting the Zumo is to run a stereo cable from the Zumo cradle to the Autocom music input jack. I tried that, and it worked although it seemed I was getting a little bit of noise. The limitations were (1) I would have to buy a dual music interface from Autocom to use the Zumo cable and the onboard stereo; and (2) with the Zumo run directly into the Autocom, my handlebar volume control and the speed-sensitive volume feature was bypassed.

I have a 99 LT with the cassette player, so I ended up using a cassette adaptor to route the Zumo audio through my onboard stereo. I like that alot better.

If your bike has an auxiliary audio input, you might be able to use that to route the Zumo audio into your onboard stereo.
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 7:56 am

Garage
There is a cable from Autocom, especially for the Zumo (audio out + microphone in). It concerns p/nr.
1299 : Garmin Zumo GPS lead = Connection lead to a Garmin Zumo 500/550 GPS. For use in Aux 2 with Easi-PLUS, Active-PLUS and Super Pro AVi.

1300 : Garmin Zumo GPS lead (Retro) = Connection lead to a Garmin Zumo 500/550 GPS. For use in Phone Socket on Pre 2006 systems (Active-7-Smart, Pro-7-Sport)

Erwin

R1200GS Adventure LC 2018, Blackstorm/Schieferdunkel Matt/Achatgrau (Triple Black), in full options, BMW Navigator V

R1200GSA LC '18 <- R1200GSA LC '14 <- K1600GTL '12 <- R1200GS Adventure '09 <- K1200GT '07 <- K1200LT '05 <- K1200LT '99 <- K1100LT '95 <- K75RT '92

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in