BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Garmin 2730 Audio static/poor transmission

932 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  wilbar00c 
#1 ·
When I installed the 2730 with XM radio and took a test ride I temporarily connected to power at the 12v power socket on bike. No problem--tuned radio on bike to selected channel and the XM transmission audio was clear. However, when I hard-wired into dash light, I get poor transmission and static. When all the wires are pulled out of the dash and I move them around I can get an antenna effect and in the "just right" position the sound is clear. When I go back to the cord to power it from the 12v accessory plug it is clear.

By the way, all these problems are present with the engine off or on.

Any ideas for the electronically challenged?

Lynn

#2 ·
I don't use the FM feature. I have trouble finding an inactive FM frequency that lasts for 25 miles in the New England area. I feed my audio into the radio via the cassette or I have the Baher cable to feed it in as an accessory. I like the cassette best because I have control of the volume with the handlebar control.

#3 ·
I have similar problem with the FM, even in a relatively rural area. I have my radar detector connected to the one currently available input cable into the stock comm system . I have the CD player in stingray. Is there a means for using it the same as you do the cassette?

thanks
Lynn

#4 ·
Search for a thread that gives a P/N for a BMW car radio cable that plugs into your CD radio some place in the back. Others with the CD radio have written about this a few years back. Barnett

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.