Easy install of GPS; ZUMO? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 10:46 pm Thread Starter

Easy install of GPS; ZUMO?

I used to have a Garmin V on my Gold Wing and it worked ok for me, but now with the LT I am looking for a good not too expensive touch screen unit that is easy to mount and I can plug into the power socket. Does the ZUMO have a mount that fits the LT or would I still have to purchase some kind of RAM mount? Also I am looking for a unit that I can pre program on my computer versus having to do it all on the little unit's screen. Here too what mount would I need to get if I purchased any other Garmin. Note I do not need blue tooth or XM radio since I already have a SIRUS unit on the bike.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dewman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman
I used to have a Garmin V on my Gold Wing and it worked ok for me, but now with the LT I am looking for a good not too expensive touch screen unit that is easy to mount and I can plug into the power socket. Does the ZUMO have a mount that fits the LT or would I still have to purchase some kind of RAM mount? Also I am looking for a unit that I can pre program on my computer versus having to do it all on the little unit's screen. Here too what mount would I need to get if I purchased any other Garmin. Note I do not need blue tooth or XM radio since I already have a SIRUS unit on the bike.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dewman
The Zumo 550 comes with RAM mounts included with the purchase. You can see more info HERE. I'm not sure which of these would work on the LT however. I have an '05 LT and had the BMW Nav II. The Zumo mounts directly onto the existing Nav II mount without modification.

You can save some coin and purchase a Zumo without Bluetooth/XM by selecting either the Zumo 450 or 500 (Europe). You can get a product comparison of all three Zumos HERE.

Jacques
Dallas, TX USA
'05 K1200LT - '02 Suzuki V-Strom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in