MapSource - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 4:08 pm Thread Starter

MapSource

Anyone tried this yet?

MapSource software version 6.9.0.2 Beta as of September 30, 2005

If this has been addressed before, please excuse this post as I could not find anything on it - with our new format. In fact, I cannot find much of anything anymore.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 4:12 pm

Nope, aint tried it.. just got V7 in the mail.. gonna try upgrading today.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 4:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnowell
Anyone tried this yet?

MapSource software version 6.9.0.2 Beta as of September 30, 2005

If this has been addressed before, please excuse this post as I could not find anything on it - with our new format. In fact, I cannot find much of anything anymore.
I'm up on both the newest Mapsource and City V7. BTW: I believe the latest Beta expired, but it is still working OK.

They both are working OK, including Waypoints and Routes. Easy to flip back and forth between V6 and V7. V7 increased the map sizes quite a bit...Some like that, some don't.

Justin Case
02 BMW K1200LTE
97 Kawasaki Concours
81 Honda Goldwing


post #4 of 9 Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 4:32 pm

Hi Cfell,
I belive Inovell was talking about MapSource and you about City Navigator.

I'm using 6.9.0.2 Beta since they release and seams OK to me.
Actually I always used their Beta and I could tell you that normally when Garmin releases a beta to the general public, normally it is pretty OK.
There is no big changes from 6.8 (the last stable version), so if you still afraid, you will not loose any thing realy important.
I paste the descriptiosn below so you don't have to go to Garmin web site:
Changes made from version 6.9.0.1 Beta to 6.9.0.2 Beta:

* Fixed issue with the driving directions for some route legs resulting in a very long duration.
* Fixed issue with not splitting the active track into separate track segments when uploaded from a GPS.
* Restored the driving speeds to the route preferences. The driving speeds are only used in the ETA calculations, not for road selection.
* Fixed issue with the 'Find Places' dialog showing incorrect feature categories and/or subcategories.
* Fixed issue with road avoidances not being used.
* Fixed issue with finding certain features in the 'Find Places' dialog, such as lakes in some map products.
* Changed the string 'Major Roads' to 'Highways' on the route preferences page.
* Fixed issue with removing the last track point in the 'Track' dialog.
* Fixed 'Find Places' dialog to correctly handle states that occur in multiple countries.
* Fixed issue with route calculation looping indefinitely on a route with more than 2 via points.

Changes made from version 6.9.0.0 Beta to 6.9.0.1 Beta:

* Fixed issue with a fatal error at program startup caused by the previously selected page in MapSource version 6.5 being the GPS page.
* Fixed issue with clicking on the View menu caused by having an old version of Google Earth installed.
* Fixed issue with not splitting the active track into separate track segments.
* Fixed issue with a fatal error when launching the 'route avoidances' dialog.
* Fixed an issue with the waypoint symbol not being updated on the map when it was changed back to the original symbol in the waypoint dialog.
* Fixed an issue with the duplicate street names being shown in popup windows.

Changes made from version 6.8.0 to 6.9.0.0 Beta:

* Change to warn users when the beta will expire. This is done in the application’s title bar, at startup (this can be silenced), and in the about dialog.
* Change to merge data received from a GPS into the current document.
* Added several map POI icons, including summit, landmark, arena/track, sports/fitness center, city hall, dealer/auto parts, and bowling center.
* Added the ability to view the data contained in the current document in Google Earth, if it is installed.
* Added support for importing LOC files.
* Added the product restrictions dialog, which is shown when you open a map product that has limitations imposed by license restrictions with the map-data vendor.
* Improved error reporting during communication with PocketPC devices.
* Changed the route preferences page to use the same road class avoid/prefer design used in newer GPS’s.
* Change to not show detailed map outlines when viewing areas that are not installed (in a partial install).
* Change to notify the user what invalid data is received from a GPS, so that the user can correct or remove this data on the GPS.
* Changed the SI unit for speed from “kph” to “km/h”.
* Changed the splash window (shown at program startup) to be displayed on the same monitor that the program will be displayed on, in multi-monitor configurations.
* Changed the product info dialog to be resizable.
* Changed contour lines with no elevation data to display the string “Contour Line” instead of “Invalid Elevation”.
* Fixed an issue where a user’s data selection on the map was not visible in the user data list.
* Fixed an issue with a track segment selection being displayed after the track dialog was dismissed.
* Fixed an issue with driving directions for routes that take a series of unnamed roads.
* Fixed an issue with certain key stroke combinations in the track dialog.
* Fixed an issue with selecting the wrong track segment on the map when many track segments are close together.
* Fixed an issue where a selected track point was obscured by the scroll bar in the track dialog.
* Fixed a drawing artifact that could be caused when displaying a context menu over user data.
* Fixed an issue where addresses in multi-language products where not found when city names were in certain languages.
* Fixed an issue with creating a waypoint on certain map features when the map’s language is not the same as the computer’s language setting.

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

post #5 of 9 Old Nov 5th, 2005, 6:47 am

Map-source upgrades enhance the operating software. City Navigator V 7 will give you the latest POI and additional street and cities. Spoke to garmin yesterday the v 7 price dropped to 75 from 150.

Pete
post #6 of 9 Old Nov 5th, 2005, 10:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray
Map-source upgrades enhance the operating software. City Navigator V 7 will give you the latest POI and additional street and cities. Spoke to garmin yesterday the v 7 price dropped to 75 from 150.

Pete
*GULP!* Am I reading that correctly?! Are you saying that I can buy Ver7 for ONLY $75?!?!?!

Headed to the phone... THANKS!!!
post #7 of 9 Old Nov 5th, 2005, 10:58 am

Ordered over the internet...City Navigator ver 7 is on it's way for $75. Sweet! (My 2610 uses City Navigator, other units may require City Select.)

To answer the original question...been running the beta release of MapSource all through October, no problems.
post #8 of 9 Old Nov 9th, 2005, 4:27 pm Thread Starter

Item no longer listed as 'Beta' - downloaded and installing tonight.

Thanks all for your comments.

Ordered City 7 also.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #9 of 9 Old Nov 9th, 2005, 4:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnowell
Item no longer listed as 'Beta' - downloaded and installing tonight.
Outstanding...I'll download it tonight...Thanks for the update!

Justin Case
02 BMW K1200LTE
97 Kawasaki Concours
81 Honda Goldwing


Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in