BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Nav VI Screen Issues

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  alstrickland55 
#1 ·
This isn't new to some of you, but it was to me. I thought maybe there could be some other person, like me, who wasn't aware of the screen issues associated with the Nav VI.

I've had my Nav VI for about 30 months. It recently started to act possessed - screen would change randomly and without user input, wouldn't accept input reliably and would change brightness abruptly with no real change in ambient light. If I already had a route active, it would continue to navigate, but I couldn't view the map long enough for it to be really useful. I tried all the usual remedies - cleaned contacts, cleaned the screen and eventually did a master reset - all without success. The issue happened while mounted in the cradle and while trying to use it off the bike.

A friend suggested I call Garmin because he believed it is a Nav VI issue and knew that Garmin had replaced the unit for other customers.

I was on the phone with Garmin for about 2 minutes (including hold time). They are going to replace the entire unit (not just the screen). I will be shipping my old unit and they will return a new one. My only cost will be the cost of shipping the old unit to them.

#2 ·
Same issues here.
Great Customer Service.

I have a new NAV VI and where I couldn't access gpx files from the additional storage chip, now I can. :)

#4 ·
Hmmm, I was told to just remove the battery.

Reactions: nhonnguyen61
#7 ·
This just started happening with mine and I don't think I've had it a year yet. The map screen goes back to home screen, I put it back and it flips back or then starts doing things like its possessed. I'm doing an update of firmware & maps now, but I'm thinking this is more a physical thing than anything else.

#11 ·
I have had problems with several different Garmin units. I have found out that when you have any problem with a Garmin, don't waste time trying to figure it out. Just call their customer service and they will walk you through steps to find the problem. On 3 occasions after trying 2 or 3 things that didn't work, they told me to send them back and they replaced them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.