BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

K1600GT 2015

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  capofarukgb 
#1 ·
HELLO EVR1, so about to take a delivery of a 2015 low mileage k1600Gt, with everything on it, but the gps, but it is gps prepped.

So does anyone know, which off the shelf, Garmin is the closest match to the BMW navigator 5 or 6 or which ever they use for this bike.
Basically what will a fit for this bike
After all they are rebadged Garmin anyway.
Or is the way to buy the correct BMW NAVIGATOR 5 or 6 or whichever, without paying the main dealer premium.
Look forward to your replies, I'm in the UK by the way.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Only older Garmin 660 - 665 will work with the gps prep without modifications. They will power on from the mount but will not interface with the wonder wheel.
Only Nav V and VI will work with that.
Which one should you get is a debate I will leave to others as I'm sure someone will suggest "other" solutions or their prefered app on their cell phone. LOL

#4 · (Edited)
Only older Garmin 660 - 665 will work with the gps prep without modifications. They will power on from the mount but will not interface with the wonder wheel.

Only Nav V and VI will work with that.

Which one should you get is a debate I will leave to others as I'm sure someone will suggest "other" solutions or their prefered app on their cell phone. LOL
any one fancy selling one of those, even swap for a newer zumo ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
As Pat said, a Garmin 660 or 665 will drop right in, but not interface with the bike’s ScrollWheel. This mostly allows you to zoom the map and scroll through menus, plus it reads some bike information like fuel range.

A BMW Navigator IV, V, or VI will fit and interface with the bike, but each requires a different dash surround as they have progressively larger screens. Those cost around $50.

Your 2015 likely has the dash surround for the Nav IV. The others will fit, but the Nav V and VI will have some of the screen covered.

The Nav V screen is larger and easier to read than the Nav IV, but the Nav VI screen is way better for size, clarity, and sunlight readability. It really is a nice upgrade.

You can pick up 660, 665, IV, V, and sometimes VI units used for decent prices. And some forums, like K1600forum.com have good vendor discounts on new Nav units.

Reactions: capofarukgb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.