ZUMO GPS, Bluetooth, and VOICE 07 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 7:43 am Thread Starter

ZUMO GPS, Bluetooth, and VOICE 07 LT

This will probably get moved, but it fits in 3 different threads. I have A ZUMO, I got the Bluetooth activated on bothe phone and ZUMO, but I can't get the Mike to work. I can dial, hear but the people on the othe rend can't hear me. It is the same whether or not I have the phone hard wired to the "Phone" jack on the VOICE.

Any help I would appreciate.

I think the ZUMO will kill 4 birds with one stone, GPS, MP3, XM and PHONE interface. With the NAV II, you still to add a Phone and MP3

Thanks,

Milton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 9:11 am

ZUMO GPS, Bluetooth, and VOICE 07 LT

Not having a Zumo or a Voice system I am probably not very well qualified to answer but it has never stopped me before ;-)

Do you ride 2 up often enough to be able to say for sure that your basic intercom works? i.e. you have no problem with your lower cords, base unit or mics.

If you are sure about the above concentrate on getting the phone to work first. Is it the correct cable? Does the phone go into handsfree mode when plugged in? Is there a volume adjustment on the Voice unit that has to be turned up?

From a look on the internet it seems that the Zumo has 2 audio sockets and from http://razorbiker.com/zumo/viewtopic.php?t=171 it seems that they have to be wired up like: 'It seems that in order to get stereo sound, you would need to run Zumo-out to the music input, and then run a mono "mic-only" signal from aux-2 back to the Zumo.' (The Input and Aux2 refer to an Autocom but same principle. It may be worth speaking to J&M to see if you need a special cabe.

HTH

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #3 of 11 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 9:42 am

There is a ton of info on the Zumo hookups on Layin' down tracksover on ADVrider.com.

Several people have had trouble trying to sort out bluetooth phone/gps/comm system interface.

Looks like a great product but my 2610 works like a charm and I have the expensive TT locking mount so until TT makes a mount like that for the Zumo or until my 2610 gives up I am going to hold out.

Hope the link helps.

Dave

BMWMOA #120588
website has been hacked - down for now
Riding since '65 - 30+ bikes (lost count)
Current Stable:
'06 R12GS Adv, '98 Buell, '95 Ultra, '95 Fatboy, '71 Rickman, '53 Panhead
2009-2010 KxxxxLT or whenever BMW updates the platform

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 9:42 am

You need a different cord

What kind of mic are you using -- not that it matters. The cord you are using probably has both the audio out and audio coming from the same cord.

Go here: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...highlight=zumo for details and even a picture of the fix.
post #5 of 11 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 10:39 am Thread Starter

Zumo Fix

You guys are awsome. Can't wait to get home to try this.

I will post the results.

Milton
post #6 of 11 Old Jan 12th, 2007, 10:57 am
Lifetime Supporter

For my $.02 I have the same issue with the Nav III and the Voice Com II on my '06 LT.

I am awaiting the arrival of a Motorola HF-820. It is a portable hands free bluetooth that you can clip to the sun visor of your car and use as the speaker and mic bluetoothed to your bluetooth cell phone.

The plan is to bluetooth the cell phone to the NAV III then bluetooth the NAV III to the HF-820 then connect the HF-820 to the VOICE COM II cell phone jack via the VC II cell phone cord.

I will report the results. If it works then one would think it should also work for the Zumo as the NAV III is Garmin with the same bluetooth tech.......
post #7 of 11 Old Apr 21st, 2007, 9:56 am
Lifetime Supporter

I also have an '07 LT prewired for NAV III. I'm considering the Zumo since the NAV III is currently on national backorder (and the Zumo is half the price). Will the Zumo hook directly into the existing wires for the NAV III or is there an adapter wiring set? THanks.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2017 KTM 350 EXC-F (single track monster)
2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun on the fire roads)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #8 of 11 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 7:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickerbiker
I also have an '07 LT prewired for NAV III. I'm considering the Zumo since the NAV III is currently on national backorder (and the Zumo is half the price). Will the Zumo hook directly into the existing wires for the NAV III or is there an adapter wiring set? THanks.
The Zumo does not fit the NAV III wires. They supply you with a wiring harness with the Zumo that you will have to use. The mount for the Zumo fits the 07 bracket. You will need to purchase the four screws with the square nuts that fit the mount.
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:36 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks. Guess I'll get that Zumo ordered!

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2017 KTM 350 EXC-F (single track monster)
2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun on the fire roads)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #10 of 11 Old Apr 24th, 2007, 9:58 am

NAV III Backorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickerbiker
I also have an '07 LT prewired for NAV III. I'm considering the Zumo since the NAV III is currently on national backorder (and the Zumo is half the price).
Has anyone heard on status of NAV III units. I just bought a new LT and was charged for the NAV III unit and my dealer can give me no expected date for when it will come in. Are they still producing NAV IIIs or is there some problem with them.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Buchner
2017 R1200RT Platinum Bronze Metallic
2012 R1200RT Fluid Grey Metallic (Little Girl) Traded on the 2017 RT
2007 K1200LT Storm Grey Metallic (Big Girl) Traded on the 2017 RT
2001 325XI 4dr Sold
1967 2000CS Coupe (Left it in Germany)
post #11 of 11 Old Feb 24th, 2008, 9:31 am

Re: NAV III Backorder

I haven't herd about the delivery time, but I think they are rethinking the bluetooth problems or at least I hope they are. I have one of them and I think it's great. My only problem with the unit, is the bluetooth connection with my cell phone. It makes you purchase a bluetooth helmet. Why doesn't it just work with our plugged in helmets that we already spent 300+dollars for. there is some discussion about J&M coming out with an adaptor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in