BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Base Camp and Google Earth

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  PadG 
#1 ·
I use google earth to check my routes in basecamp and for some reason it quit working. Anyone else have this problem and have been able to correct it? With google earth I can be sure my route stays off the gravel and dirt roads.

#2 ·
Yeah, apparently Basecamp doesn't support Earth anymore, based on comments that I had when Googling the problem! I think that there was a statement from Garmin about it, but I don't recall the details right now. A while back (at least a couple of years ago), my Basecamp stopped linking to Earth, but after some research, I had gotten the issue fixed with an easy adjustment in my Windows registry. I need to find the detail of that fix again, and see if this is the same thing. I will post it here if I am successful, but otherwise assume that they don't work together anymore.

Reactions: R De Weger
#4 ·
I do the same thing, especially on oversea rides.

#5 ·
You just need to find "BaseCamp_462" down load as that was the last version that supported Google Earth. I still run it today and just ignore the update messages.

Reactions: PatM55
#8 ·
That is easily fixed! If you are running Windows, try this:

Open the command window (DOS window) as administrator, and type the following 2 lines, with an Enter after each line:

CD C:\
"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth Pro\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer

Reactions: beech
#7 ·
Some versions will not load GE so you have to manually pull it up first and then start BC and the do the view function.

#14 ·
I'm still trying but it looks like my path has (x86) in it. That's where my google earth is.

C:\>"C:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\>C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\clientgoogleearth.exe" /RegServer
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\>

#16 ·
Very good! It seems that you are running the 32 bits version of Google Earth, and that is why the location has that (x86). Just an FYI.

#18 ·
64 bits programs are supposed to be faster, because the programming are executed in larger chunks. I was going to tell you to go and DL the 64 bits version, but on checking, I found that Google only offer the 64 bits version now, with no identifications. So, you may be running the 64 bits version already if you have made recent updates. You can check, if you want to, by going into Earth, and select Help from the menu, then select About, and the details should tell you what you are running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.