BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Nav 6 Problem

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  17GolfRAPR 
#1 ·
My Nav6 has locked up a couple of times. It’s about 7mo old. Just saw on the instructions that it should be removed when using a battery charger. I have mine on an Optima 4 all the time. I assume this could be my problem but also realize the Optima is more than a “battery charger”. Anyone have any experience with a similar problem and want to chime in?
Thx

#2 ·
want to chime in?
So while I didn't have the locking-up issue you mentioned, I have seen a weird issue with my 1st Nav VI (and now my new one)- while the map is showing, it acts as if someone touched the screen and the unit displays data at that location. It's been happening quite a lot lately, especially on my last LD ride, so I need to get with Garmin about that.

Now when I dealt with them, they ended-up swapping out devices. They will cross-ship and I think they pre-charged the card, but it was quickly dealt with once the item was returned. At first they wanted me to do all kinds of tests and shit (including something with the BMW GPS mount itself). I said no, it happens with it off the bike as well and also it happens randomly and I am not going to mess around with it for hours/days/weeks waiting for it to happen again.

I probably wouldn't mention having it hooked up to the bike while it was charging (something that shouldn't affect it anyhow).

Anyhow, just get ahold of them and they'll fix it. They'll probably advise you to do a factory reset and things like that first.

#3 ·
Thanks Noobie. Hope you get your issues resolved. I did the factory reset after my ride today and will try it tomorrow, but the real issue I need to address is the battery charging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.