BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Garmin Express Not Recognizing my Nav V

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jzeiler 
#1 ·
So I went to update my BMW Nav 5 with Garmin Express (using the Garmin supplied cable) and it doesn't recognize that it's connected to my Microsoft Surface laptop. Any others experience this? Any suggestions?

As per Garmin Express I tried a different USB port and a different cable to no avail.

#2 ·
Only thing to try other than a reboot of both devices is to make sure that you are using a USB cable that is data capable. Some of those USB cables will only charge and are not capable of synching up with the NAV data-wise. But it sounds like you are using the right cable if you are using a Garmin cable.

#3 ·
I tried that Will. Perhaps it is an issue with not wanting to interface with my Surface?

#4 ·
Be sure you connect directly to your laptop and not through a multi port usb device.

#5 ·
I had an issue with my GS-911 and a new dell laptop with USB 3.0. Driver issues. Had to trick download a driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.