BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

What make/model GPS is the Navigator system?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  beech 
#1 ·
I rented a 2015 RT in December and really liked the Navigator system.
Sadly I don’t own an RT but I’d to add a GPS to my ST1300, ideally the same as the Navigator unit or something very similar.
Many thanks in advance,
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
It uses the same body/connector as the Garmin zumo 660 but that is about it. And the 660 is discontinued.

The software in the Nav V is two generations later, it has more memory, better screen and functions differently.
What is closer to the Nav V would be a zumo 390 - 395 or more expensive a zumo 590 - 595.
They have similar features and functions.

#4 ·
You can buy a used NAV5 cheap, as the NAV6 is out now. If you like buy a new one, the basic mount can be adapted to RAM ball system as they have the 4 screw pattern on the back. They are specific motorcycle GPS units which is nice. And come with lifetime maps and software updates. (maybe 10 years). I'd get a new NAV 6 if I was in the need. Check with Hermy's BMW, I think they have a 15% off going right now. Lots of motorcycle specific features. When I had a NAV 5 I also bought the car kit and used it there on trips.
https://hermys.com/
Garman is moving away from using Basecamp and more to on unit trip planning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.