BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Navigator V Screen Replacement?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  108545 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced their screen on a Navigator V? I'm trying to replace mine, and I can't figure out how to split it.

#4 ·
I think you will find it is cheaper to do a replacement via Garmin OEM @ 1-866-455-7012. Give them a call & see what can be done.

#5 ·
On the side that the switch is on there is a cover that I popped off with a razor blade. It's difficult to see that there is a cover there. I changed the screen and everything works fine, or at least it powers up. I bought the bike at a salvage auction and the screen was cracked, so I don't know if it was functional. I found the screen/digitizer in England and it cost $107.00 CDN shipped to me.

It looks like thee is a spot for a micro SD card to slide in to. I'm going to have to research what it's used for.

#6 ·
It looks like thee is a spot for a micro SD card to slide in to. I'm going to have to research what it's used for.
The SD card will allow you to store more routes on the device. The internal memory is pretty much used up by the maps. If you use something like basecamp software, you can import routes directly to the SD card. Be prepared for a steep learning curve with basecamp. It's very powerful but with the power comes complexity. Lots of tutorials on youtube to help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.