BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Motorrad Navigator III

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hibeam 
#1 ·
The road I was traveling wasn't displayed on the screen even though all the side streets were visible and moving as I rode along. So, I thought I would just reinstall the latest update. The download went fine. I turned the GPS on and it froze after the BMW screen where it reads "Loading Maps". It loads about a 1/3 of the file and freezes. Tried a reset, by pushing both Menu and Map and then turning the unit on; but that didn't help. Tried to reload the update a second time and now the computer doesn't see a USB connection. Called Motorrad and they couldn't offer any help and obviously there are no remaining units to swap out.

Any ideas? I know its old but really don't want to buy another one cause they're over priced. I don't use it enough to justify the big bucks!

#2 ·
Your Nav III doesn't have sufficient memory to load all of the current maps and data bases and is no longer supported by Garmin. You may try to reset it back to factory default, and there were a number of discussions in older threads about updating the Nav III that may have worked for some, but not for me. I gave up on my Nav III and almost couldn't give it away and donated it to the '15 Curve Cowboy Reunion fund raiser auction, after I removed it and replaced it with a Garmin 590LM. They got $20-$25 for it. :cool:

Reactions: beech
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.