BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Nav V Road Construction - HELP!

673 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RFP14RT 
#1 ·
I have a Nav V and iPhone. As when I am riding wether I have a route set or not it gives me alerts if there is road construction or closed lanes ahead. This should be a good thing but it gave me an audible "Ding" when it does. It starts 2 miles away from the construction and "dings" and "Dings" and "Dings" and "Dings" constantly until I am past the roadwork. I use bluetooth and it is LOUD in my helmet. What is worse is here in the midwest roadwork happens all summer so almost every rode I am on the "Dinging" happens over and over. Making it worse they usually open the roads on weekends so there are no closed lanes. It got so irritating yesterday that if I could have taken the Nav V out of the mount with one hand it would be in pieces on Highway 30 right now.

I have looked everywhere for a setting for this. I assume it is somehow using the "smartlink" with my iPhone to get road information. I tried touching the screen thinking I could just acknowledge the alert...nothing. I can't find the feature discussed in the manual. No settings on my phone or the GPS. I would not mind one Alert but this is ridiculous. Anyone else dealt with this? Am I missing something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.