Garmin 2820, Autocom and Bluetooth Cell Phone - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:08 pm Thread Starter

Garmin 2820, Autocom and Bluetooth Cell Phone

If I pair a cell phone with the Garmin 2820 GPS, can I then plug the GPS into my Autocom Active-Plus and carry on conversations and get GPS routing?
Thx in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:51 pm
Bouncer

No, you need a bluetooth headset in order to use the phone with your 2820.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 8:29 am

Smile Yes you can!

You do not need a bluetooth headset with your set up, but you will have to buy a lead from Autocom, it plugs in to the mic socket on the 2820 and then back in to the Autocom Aux 1. Autocom part No 999 (Best check this to be sure). Cost 29 plus shipping. Been using the 2820 like this myself for the last six weeks, with a bluetooth sony ericsson phone in my pocket, its awesome. Hope this helps.
Stuart

post #4 of 6 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 7:01 pm Thread Starter

Hi Suart,
Thx a lot for the great info. My local dealer in New Hampshire USA couldn't find the 999 part numbered cable so I called Auto Com. They told me they were waiting for a delivery of cables and should have them this week. It is a new design according to the guy I spoke to and they said they had only received and shipped 10 to day. You may be one of the lucky ones! You are absolutely right, with that cable it acts as a patch-cord for the 2820 and Active-Plus and allows you to use the Auto Com just they way I wanted to - and you already are!!

You are the the "balls"! (That's a compliment in this area)

Thx again,
Lee
Assonet. MA
post #5 of 6 Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 2:16 pm

Smile Your welcome

Lee,

I think because the cable is new they invented the code 999 just to be able to put an order no on my invoice.

You will find it works really well, I am very impressed with mine.

Never heard your expression, must be a local saying, I will take your word it is complimentary, made my wife laugh when she read it.

Let us all know how you get on when the cable arrives

Stuart
post #6 of 6 Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 8:14 pm Thread Starter

Hey Stuart,

That saying is very comlimentary but very localized to southeasten Massachusetts in an area about 25 miles west of Cape Cod called Fall River. I hadn't used it in a number of years but it just came to mind and my fingers did the typing! Glad your wife got a kick out of it, it generally gets a laugh over here as well:>)

You are correct in your assumption on the "999" number. The guy I spoke to at Autocom said exactly the same. I had hoped to have it for next weekend for an Iron Butt ride referred to as a "BunBurner 1500". Not sure if you gents in the UK are part of the IBA or if you have an equivalent organization, but it is basically a personal contest to ride 1500 miles in 36 hours. Anyway, I am going to call Autocom on Monday, order the cable and at the same time ask them for the point-to-point wiring so I can make one to use until they can ship the "factory made" one. I'll keep you posted.

Thx again for the help and conversation.

Take care,

Lee
Assonet, Massachusetts (MA) About 40 miles south of Boston

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in