Blue Tooth Garmin? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:57 pm Thread Starter

Blue Tooth Garmin?

Has anyone heard any info on a Garmin specifically designed for motorcycles with enhanced display and blue tooth? (imagine - no wiring)! Also has MP3 capability. If so when and how much?

I would rather be riding my bike and thinking about God than sitting in Church thinking about my bike!

Regards
Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Um...unless I'm mistaken, the Nav III and/or 2830 is what you're referring to. The big problem is that nobody seems to be getting their arms around BT stereo headsets just yet. I haven't heard of one happy BMW BT helmet customer yet. And AutoCom, Baehr, IntaRide, and the like aren't supporting BT technology yet.
post #3 of 9 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 7:11 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Um...unless I'm mistaken, the Nav III and/or 2830 is what you're referring to. The big problem is that nobody seems to be getting their arms around BT stereo headsets just yet. I haven't heard of one happy BMW BT helmet customer yet. And AutoCom, Baehr, IntaRide, and the like aren't supporting BT technology yet.
Autocom and Baehr both support Bluetooth with bluetooth modules as an addon.

Stereo Bluetooth requires A2DP and multichannel bluetooth. That technology is still very expensive. Just the module to support multichannel bluetooth is over $1000 for the raw circuit board and transmitter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 7:33 pm

I think you are talking about the Garmin Zuma 550.

"Durable and intuitive, z?mo is built specifically for motorcycles"

You can find it here: http://www.garmin.com/products/zumo/
post #5 of 9 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Just got my NAVIII

FWIW,

I just got my NAVIII installed on my '06 LT w/VOICE II intercom system. My bluetooth phone would link to the NAVIII just fine. When I tried to make a call, the GPS asked me to connect a blue tooth headset... So the GPS wouldn't/couldn't dial my phone without a bluetooth headset. I tried to call by dialing my phone (I was in the garage), I could hear phone audio, but I could not hear any microphone side tone, nor did my wife know who was calling... I had the VOICE II Microhone setting on '5'. Evidently, it's ALL bluetooth or none? Not a huge deal. Then again, I have played with this toy all of about 30min...

Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

post #6 of 9 Old Sep 10th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Arrow Oh, by-the-way...

FWIW: I tried the above experiment with BOTH helmets plugged in. NO JOY. No big deal, not THAT worried about receiving phonecalls under way anyway.

My .02

Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

post #7 of 9 Old Sep 11th, 2006, 8:05 am

BMW series 5 Helmet Bluetooth

Here is the link to the BMW helmet data available. No telling when it will be available in USA, BMW has never sold their helmets in US due to DOT testing costs.
BMW Series 5
Eljeffe is right on it tech aspect and BMW has yet to provide a bluetooth interface to either the LT or RT. However I just left the Behr site and could not find a bluetooth module for either of the top two units they manufacture. I do not think it is far away and I will continue monitoring with great interest. I would love to see a good com system for the RT in the near future.

Michael M. Moore
'82 R100RT (LT's GREAT Grandfather)
BMWOA # 86022, BMWRA # 26652
N5RWH

post #8 of 9 Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:15 am

If the Bluetooth interface did EVERYTHING (i.e. Intercomm, GPS, Phone, etc.) it would be AWESOME. Off course, on the LT, I suppose I'd need two... Argh!

Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

post #9 of 9 Old Sep 19th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Wink Eating Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoore
Eljeffe is right on it tech aspect and BMW has yet to provide a bluetooth interface to either the LT or RT. However I just left the Behr site and could not find a bluetooth module for either of the top two units they manufacture. I do not think it is far away and I will continue monitoring with great interest. I would love to see a good com system for the RT in the near future.
OK Jeff I prefer spicy sauce over my crow. Raffey now has the Baehr bluetooth unit for $250. I'm not sure how it plugs in (costs a port?).

Michael M. Moore
'82 R100RT (LT's GREAT Grandfather)
BMWOA # 86022, BMWRA # 26652
N5RWH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in