2730 Direct Wired To 2005 Lt Radio - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 21st, 2006, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

Smile 2730 Direct Wired To 2005 Lt Radio

Anyone out there hooked the Audio out on the 2730 directly to the stock radio ?

It would seem that if you don't have the 6 disk changer - you could take the audio out from the 2730 to the back of the radio where the the 6 disc would hook in.

Getting ready to take everything apart and give it a shot...

The fm signal is ok , but looking for the best way to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 21st, 2006, 6:12 pm

How about this for strange, my 06 LT was prewired for Nav I just pluged the power cord onto the 2730 and the music and voice promts loud and clear. no wire form audio out to aux in the glove box. I can not control the volume with the handlebar controls just the volume on the 2730 plus the intercom did not work right.
I'm currently using the fm mod setting and all works properly. We have the J&M headsets sold by BMW in Nolan N102E helmets.

On my 05 GS I use a set of Tork head phone speakers in a Shoie RF1000 and plug into the audio out 3.5mm plug on the left side of the 2730, works great. When using the Shoie helmet I have to set the audio to headphones on the gps and with the LT setup I can use line out or headphones without noticing any real difference.
My original plan was to run the audio out from the side plug to the aux in the glove box but was very reluctant to take all the plastic off to be able to drill a hole and run the line below.Please post if you accomplish your plan.
jed
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 1:34 am
IBR# 366

Garage
You can hook the GPS output to the radio's Aux input. The only issue is that you would have to select AUX from the radio control panel, so you would only hear the GPS but not the factory radio or CD player. But since the 2730 has XM, that might not be a problem.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in