Early Zumo Price - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Aug 7th, 2006, 1:01 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cool Early Zumo Price

Sort of hard to believe . . . that much of a price drop and the first ones are not even on the shelf!!

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/Garmin+zumo+550.html

Click on the green See Our Price Button

Dan Finazzo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted to get"

Last edited by dfinazzo; Aug 7th, 2006 at 1:00 am. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Aug 7th, 2006, 8:59 am

I am all over it...

hey, by the way, go to: http://www.garmin.com/products/zumo/

garmin's official mini-site for the system, had I known of this last week we could all have registered to win a free one (contest ended the 4th)

(Three hour battery backup, comes with a universal mount that solves most of our issues, looks cool as hell, with left-handed controls for stuff that isn't touch-screen, and has a special security feature with a "garmin screwdriver" that allows you to remove it when you wanna', which I will be doing when I move it to the car)

I think I am sold, for $50 more than the 2730...I wonder if that source will drop the price if it comes down any further between now and "fourth quarter" when Garmin's website promises delivery to dealers.

Pete

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.

Last edited by petevandyke; Aug 7th, 2006 at 9:03 am. Reason: Mistake
post #3 of 10 Old Aug 7th, 2006, 9:47 am

Only thing I don't like is that the screen is smaller. I want BIGGER!

post #4 of 10 Old Aug 7th, 2006, 1:10 pm

post #5 of 10 Old Aug 7th, 2006, 10:04 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cool Price Check . . .

Pete,

You mentioned in your posting that the Zumo was only $50 more than a 2730. I would like to know what site or source you might be talking about as the cheapest I can find the 2730 is $799 and with the Zumo going for $769 on the site I referenced that means you have found the 2730 for $719 . . . talk to me!

Dan Finazzo

post #6 of 10 Old Aug 7th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Costco (costco.com) has them for the ridiculous price of $699.00

and as members have posted, they are incredibly liberal with returns--their website has their return policy listed that basically says "if you aren't totally happy, bring it back, no questions asked"

I still think I'm gonna wait for the zumo to come out, maybe they'll even throw in a rebate when it's released! I think the graphics and the touchpad features are going to be better for gloved fingers, but what the hell do I know, I think a ZX-14 would be nice parked next to my LT, too!

post #7 of 10 Old Aug 8th, 2006, 9:29 am

Same thought. The unit was looking pretty good till I saw the size of the screen. Bigger is better!

Alex H Lindsay
Melbourne, FL
Champagne 2001 LT
Space Coast BMW Riders
post #8 of 10 Old Aug 8th, 2006, 4:41 pm

size...

ok, the screen is a little lower resolution and .3" (diagonal) smaller, but you can get a flame cover for it...lol

"the more I think I know about this crap, the less I understand..."

Pete

post #9 of 10 Old Aug 8th, 2006, 11:26 pm Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cool Garmin 2730 Tidbits and Zumo

Pete,

Thanks for the heads up on CostCo - a friend of mine will make the buy as I am not a member.

FYI, I did talk to Garmin today (1/2 hour wait) about the MP3 ability of the 2730 and it is static RAM - totally solid state and when I asked for the size they stated 750MB which for music represents about 750 minutes with an average of 4 minutes a song this is less than 190 songs!! Sort of small by today standards when memory is so cheap. However the XM will most likely make up for that.

Also reread the ZUMO specs and is supports JPG viewing . . . what consumer group wanted that!! Soon there will be camera on it!

Have you checked out the Zumo for the XM Puck - I do not believe they come with the unit so I believe you will need to tack that baby on . . . unless it is already built in the unit?

Like you the more the more knowledge I seek the dumb & dumber I get.

I cannot wait until the buy is complete and then I can get out of the data collection phase . . .

Dan Finazzo

post #10 of 10 Old Aug 9th, 2006, 9:28 am

Nope, it looks like the 2730's official description on garmin.com says the xm antenna is built in, where the zumo requires an optional one...which if it's the same as those for other units is about $39.99

and i really LIKED the flame cover...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in