2610 and Computer Memory - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 26th, 2006, 5:14 am Thread Starter

2610 and Computer Memory

Just bought a 2610 and 2gig CF card. I would like to load all of my maps to the card but when I try, I get an error that I do not have enough memory. It is not the CF card memory but the memory on my computer. I installed mapsource on my F: drive with plenty of available space but my C: drive only has 800meg of space. I can only install about 800meg of maps. The program seems to need the space on the C: drive to upload to my GPS. Does this seem right and how do I get around it. I've moved or removed about everthing I can from the C: drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 26th, 2006, 6:25 am

Sounds to me like MapSource needs to cache all of the map data on your C drive before moving it to the CF card. Somewhat typical behavior.

You have two options:
  1. Clean more crap off your C drive.
  2. Send or take your CF card to someone that has the same versions of maps that you do, and have them load up that CF card. What version of City Nav are you running? 5, 6, 7?
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 26th, 2006, 6:26 am

Is your F Drive a partitioned drive of the C Drive, or is it completely separate...external, for example? And what are you running? (Win XP, etc.)

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 26th, 2006, 6:30 am

What Joe said, as long as you can still perform route planning with Mapsource on your F Drive. Otherwise, www.Dell.com

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 26th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bill
Just bought a 2610 and 2gig CF card. I would like to load all of my maps to the card but when I try, I get an error that I do not have enough memory. It is not the CF card memory but the memory on my computer. I installed mapsource on my F: drive with plenty of available space but my C: drive only has 800meg of space. I can only install about 800meg of maps. The program seems to need the space on the C: drive to upload to my GPS. Does this seem right and how do I get around it. I've moved or removed about everthing I can from the C: drive.
The memory may be refering to your pagefile size. If it is a fixed amount increase it. If its set to be managed by windows then clear off stuff if you can. Also your pagefile may not be able to increase in size due to framentation. Defrag your drive if possible. It is also possible to move your pagefile to another drive, say your f: drive (might be your best bet). Go to my computer properties, advanced tab, performance button, to check/change pagefile. You've moved or removed everythng you can, but just a thought did you empty your recycle bin? The only other thing I can think of off hand might be an eviroment variable. If its using the temp variable, you could try pointing that to the f: drive also. That's on the advanced tab also (the envronment variables button). I'd try moving the pagefile first. Let us know how it goes.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in