Garmin 2720/2730 power cords - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 1:37 pm Thread Starter

Garmin 2720/2730 power cords

Do these units come with a power cord with bare wires at one end for hard wire installation on an LT, or do have to dismantle the 12v cigarette lighter adapter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 3:50 pm

Neither. Garmin sells what I think they call a "bare wire power/audio cable" which has a little audio jack on the GPS end. You can connect helmet speakers or a patch cord to your intercom or sound system.

The cord is included with the Garmin Motorcycle Cradle (plastic mount), or if you want to go with a different mount, like a Touratech, you can buy the cable separately. I bought the cradle/cable combo from BMR Products along with my Co-Pilot Shelf.

Both are available from Garmin resellers like www.getfeetwet.com.

If you mount the GPS on a shelf or on top of your dash, it is easy to attach the Garmin cable to the map light. You can cut the cable and strip the two wires needed to make the connection. There are several posts explaining how to do that.

I don't know if you can cannibalize the auto cord and keep the audio output feature. I'd keep that cable for the car and buy the MC cable.
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 3:53 pm

Both are available, it will probably depend on where you buy it. If bought from a motorcycle related shop or website it will probably come with both, as mine did. If bought from an electrical retailer it will probably just have the car power cord with speaker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in