Routes in/through BC - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 9:43 pm Thread Starter
RMW

Routes in/through BC

When trying to create a route to AK from US my MapSource V5 program does not compute. Thinks I traded my LT for an airplane and just draws a straight line to the final destination.

Works fine inside of AK and in the rest of the US. It just will not route on roads through BC. Is there something I forgot to unlock?

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 19th, 2006, 4:59 pm Thread Starter
RMW

Thumbs up

I contacted Garmin after trying everything I could think of. The Garmin/Mapsource Tech I spoke with said Version 5.0.1 of Mapsource did not have the maps for the Yukon Territory so there was no way the program could calculate a route via roads. Therefore, it just computed a direct line from A to B.

The maps are present in the 7.0 release. Garmin is a great company to deal with. I explained I will be traveling through the missing maps area next month and since I bought a map program (V 5.0) that states it contains maps for all of North America I thought it only fair to expect the maps from California to Alaska to be present. I politely asked if they would either send me the maps in a compatable format for my software or upgrade me.

7.0 upgrade is on the way at no charge. They said 8.0 will be out very soon and will be a $75 upgrade. No details as to what changes will be in 8.0.

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in