LT Treffen 2013 - Moffat, Scotland - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old Jun 13th, 2012, 7:18 am Thread Starter

LT Treffen 2013 - Moffat, Scotland

Here is the latest response from the hotel, confirming the date and giving details of how to make your own bookings.

Dear Mr Jackson

Just to confirm that we have provisionally booked al of the hotel for the L T Treffen Group on Friday, 12th, 13th & 14th July, 2013 which will be confirmed on receipt of the deposits from the individual people in the group. Please contact us and request the type of room required e.g Twin, Double, single.

A deposit of £20.00 per room is required to secure a booking - payable either by debit/credit card or cheque.

Payment can be made either by:

(1) Telephone
(2) Fax
(3) e-mail - if you choose this method I would strongly suggest you split your information between 2 or 3 e-mails.
A table for dinner has also been reserved.

Should you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Hayley Howe

Buccleuch Arms Hotel

High Street
Moffat
DG10 9ET
Dumfriesshire
Scotland
Tel: +44 (0) 1683-220003
Fax: +44 (0) 1683-221291
web: www.buccleucharmshotel.com

Please note that all our rooms are non-smoking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UK 2004 K1200LT Lux - Katie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old Jul 20th, 2012, 8:57 am

Re: LT Treffen 2013 - Moffat, Scotland

I have just booked myself and oorty in to this so I will start the list off,please add your names when you have booked.
Philh24 double.
Oorty single.
post #3 of 28 Old Jul 25th, 2012, 3:49 pm Thread Starter

I've booked Ruth and myself in today.

Keith

post #4 of 28 Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 11:54 am

Hi there,

We could not make it this year but Moffat in 2013 is now booked; Mary and I have booked a room today. Looking forward to it already!!

Chris
post #5 of 28 Old Sep 9th, 2012, 3:53 am

Just booked a double room for myself & my good lady. Looking forward to meeting you next year

Cheers, StClair

1977 Honda CB400F Super Sport
2007 G650 Xcountry
2008 K1200LT SE
1990 Kawasaki GTR 1000 (Concours) + Hedingham XL
1952 Francis Barnett Falcon 58
post #6 of 28 Old Sep 13th, 2012, 8:15 am Thread Starter

I'm delighted to see so many early bookings and that there will be some new faces.

Come on, the rest of you! Let's make this the biggest one yet!!

Keith

post #7 of 28 Old Sep 13th, 2012, 8:47 am

So thats.
Phil+Sarah.
Orty.
Keith+Ruth.
Chris+Mary.
StClair+1.
who have booked up so far, get booked in asap they only require a small deposit to secure your room.
post #8 of 28 Old Feb 1st, 2013, 4:58 am

Roll on July and the warmer weather hopefully.
post #9 of 28 Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 9:45 am Thread Starter

Indeed, Phil. Ruth and I have booked a cottage near Cockermouth for the preceding week. It's a part of the Lake District we don't know so it'll be good to explore.

I don't have the software, never mind the skill, to do a logo for the event. I've had a go and it's not too bad but not, I think, good enough to be printed on a T-shirt. Anyone have the graphical knowhow to make a decent fist of this?

Click the thumbnail to go to the full sized image.

Keith

post #10 of 28 Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 5:43 am

So thats.
Phil+Sarah.
Orty.
Keith+Ruth.
Chris+Mary.
StClair+1.
Frank (Oortys Mate).
who have booked up so far, get booked in asap they only require a small deposit to secure your room.
post #11 of 28 Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 8:18 am

Hi Everybody
Just looked arround on my little internet and found a whikey destillerie near Edinburg
that we could visit.
just google

Glenkinchie destillerie Pencaitland tranent

See you in Moffat
Oorty
post #12 of 28 Old Apr 4th, 2013, 9:50 am

Looks good Juergen, I have been looking at a castle run that's on a website visiting several castles on the west coast side. Lets hope the weather is kind to us.
post #13 of 28 Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:58 am

Excellent! We like castles!

Cheers, StClair

2007 G650 Xcountry
2008 K1200LT SE
post #14 of 28 Old Apr 6th, 2013, 1:43 am Thread Starter

We visited Caerlaverock Castle last year. It's unusual because it's triangular, done to fit the available ground but the only three-sided castle in the UK. There's a really good cafe there, too. We also went to New Abbey, just across the estuary but 20 miles by road, and visited the water mill and (surprise!) ruins of Dulce Carde or Sweet Heart Abbey there. We found another brilliant cafe right by the abbey.

Is it any wonder I'm the shape I am when I judge attractions by the quality of the refreshment rooms!?!

Keith

post #15 of 28 Old Apr 6th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Hi
Great Links Keith thank you.
cheers
Oorty
post #16 of 28 Old Apr 7th, 2013, 4:17 am Thread Starter

I don't think it will happen in July but the weather can be very variable up there. When Ruth and I went off towards Dumfries, this time last year, we had a bright but cool day and saw no rain until we were about five miles from Moffat. Another group from the BMW Club, staying in the same hotel as we did, went the opposite direction and had a very bad time of it. The hail came down suddenly and very heavily and they had to stop and find shelter because the bikes were slipping and sliding on the balls of ice.

When it comes to the weather in Scotland, expect the unexpected!

Motorcycle Scotland's website has some suggested runs for the area:

http://www.motorcyclescotland.com/ta...ycle-route.asp is a full day's ride

http://www.motorcyclescotland.com/ga...ycle-route.asp is basically the first half of the above route.

In the other direction: http://www.motorcyclescotland.com/bo...ycle-route.asp

And if you're interested in Scotland's national poet: http://www.motorcyclescotland.com/ro...ycle-route.asp

Keith

post #17 of 28 Old Apr 14th, 2013, 4:05 am

I've just seen another possible route in the latest Ride magazine - from Moffat A708, A72 & A701. Apparently it can be done in less than a day, and parts of it are described as "involving and challenging without being too technical" (whatever that means.......). Also says "quiet roads & magnificent scenery". Worth considering, perhaps?

The article also mentions the Buccleuch Hotel in glowing terms.

Cheers, StClair

2007 G650 Xcountry
2008 K1200LT SE
post #18 of 28 Old Apr 15th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StClair
I've just seen another possible route in the latest Ride magazine - from Moffat A708, A72 & A701. Apparently it can be done in less than a day, and parts of it are described as "involving and challenging without being too technical" (whatever that means.......). Also says "quiet roads & magnificent scenery". Worth considering, perhaps?

The article also mentions the Buccleuch Hotel in glowing terms.
Just had a look looks good and can certainly vouch for the hotel great food and the owners are second to none for hospitality.
post #19 of 28 Old Apr 19th, 2013, 2:03 am

Hi all,

Afraid Mary and I are going to have to cancel this year - since booking, we have been asked to help run a summer school activity programme so the trip to Scotland will have to wait another year!!

Hope you all have a great time!

Chris
post #20 of 28 Old May 21st, 2013, 3:45 am Thread Starter

I have had a call from the hotel this morning with disturbing news. They had block-booked the hotel for us for the Treffen weekend but only Ruth and I and one other have reserved rooms. You MUST book today or tomorrow or the block will be taken off on Thursday and the rooms let elsewhere.

You will NOT be able to turn up on the day without a prior reservation with the hotel.

Keith

EDIT There had been mistake by the hotel and the three rooms booked by Phil Hollick hadn't been counted but Hayley also told me that it is Moffat's Gala Weekend and they would expect all the hotels to be full.

Don't delay! Book today!

Last edited by Rockdoc; May 21st, 2013 at 4:09 am.
post #21 of 28 Old Jul 13th, 2013, 9:43 am

Bit thin on the ground this year at the Lt treffen in Moffat infact at first there was only a Goldwing. The first ride out was to have a tour around some of the loch's on a route that Dave and Clint recommended who own the hotel. The roads were empty up here as you can see from the photo's. Dave and Jackie turned up on Friday after a long ride down from Shetland to complete the line up for this year. There was a gala on Saturday in the town so we all stayed here for the day and had a cracking time pipe bands highland dancing, this evening there is a torch light procession and massive bonfire and fireworks. I will post some more photo's when I get back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	39049   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	39050  

Last edited by philh24; Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:50 am.
post #22 of 28 Old Jul 13th, 2013, 10:53 am Thread Starter

Sincere apologies for my non-appearance but I had a bad fall - about 5ft off a steep flight of steps onto a mix of flagstones and cobbles - last Thursday and had to go to hospital. There are no broken bones but I have damaged some muscles and have severe bruising that's made every movement. including breathing, very painful, even with the strong pain-killers and anti-inflammatory tablets I've been prescribed. It's taken me two days to get home from the Lake District and it was lucky we could stay with one of our daughters last night. Today's been a real pig, with the temperature reaching 32C as we neared home.

I'm glad the few who did manage to get to Moffat are enjoying themselves and I really wish we could have been there.

Keith

post #23 of 28 Old Jul 14th, 2013, 2:50 am

Hello Keith
Hope you get well soon
Oorty
post #24 of 28 Old Jul 14th, 2013, 8:19 am

Location: Lindlar, Nordrhein Westfalen, Deutschland / Germany

Hi an Alle!

Ein gutes und schönes Treffen wünschen Euch aus Deutschland Monique und Hartmut!
Wir hoffen im nächsten Jahr wieder dabei sein zu können!
Dir Keith gute Besserung!

Alzeit eine gute Fahrt !

post #25 of 28 Old Jul 14th, 2013, 11:27 am Thread Starter

Vielen dank, beiden. I am getting better all the time but I'm really glad I didn't risk going to Moffat as the tablets are make me very drowsy and I keep falling asleep!

Keith

post #26 of 28 Old Jul 15th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Well, we.had a great weekend with Phil & Sarah, now we're in Alexandria, and off up to Strathpefer in the morning. The seaplane flight was brilliant! Want to go again!

Cheers, StClair

2007 G650 Xcountry
2008 K1200LT SE
post #27 of 28 Old Jul 21st, 2013, 10:39 am

Here is a link to some more photo's that were took out and around Moffat..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2679415...7634728300535/

Here is a link to a short video taken by St Marys Loch since being uploaded to utube seems to be jumpy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydqEN...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by philh24; Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:47 am.
post #28 of 28 Old Jul 29th, 2013, 3:27 pm Thread Starter

I'm very jealous, Phil. I would have loved to have been there but circumstances dictated otherwise.

Keith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in