Anyone left in Europe - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Jan 17th, 2011, 6:42 am Thread Starter

Anyone left in Europe

Whats up guys. Not a word from anyone on the European site for two weeks now. This must be a record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Jan 17th, 2011, 9:16 am
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Re: Anyone left in Europe

Sorry Mark, did I leave the lights on by mistake ?
After replacing Jenna's clutch in our 20 ft container
workshop during Dec we just needed to defrost.
Where we were near Dover got as low as -10 ℃, my
wrenches were -3℃ one day. Too bloody cold,
but we had started before the first snow fell 27th Nov
and just had to continue.
In hindsight snow was better than rain. Just
Sunday 9th was the only sunny, dry day we had had
and a quick blast up to Canterbury A2 proved things to
be all well again. Big job.
See you all again late summer.
Cheers
ps. heating oil freezes ≈ -9.5℃ DAMHIK

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #3 of 19 Old Jan 17th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Re: Anyone left in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmoloney
Whats up guys. Not a word from anyone on the European site for two weeks now. This must be a record.
Still around, just lurking......nothing worth commenting on much..!!

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 2:46 am

I'm still here, too, but Katie hasn't moved out of the garage for a couple of months. There was no way I was going to take her out in the snow and ice and we haven't been more than a few miles from home since Christmas.

Keith

UK 2004 K1200LT Lux - Katie

post #5 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 3:14 am Thread Starter

It is strange when you think of it. The vast majority of LT's are in Europe but by far the busiest forum is the American one. They really do like posting mails or is it that we are a bit more shy over this side of the pond.
post #6 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 4:27 am

Here, alive and kicking (and riding).
post #7 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 5:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdoc
I'm still here, too, but Katie hasn't moved out of the garage for a couple of months. There was no way I was going to take her out in the snow and ice and we haven't been more than a few miles from home since Christmas.

Keith
Same here Keith I think most people are the same, we have had some very rough weather and the pot holes are craters at the moment.The council are out in force god bless em filling them all in again can't fault them for that.
The snow has gone for now anyway up here but I'm sure it will return can't wait to get out and about again looking forward to our meetup again in July.
post #8 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 8:31 am

I know what you mean, Phil. The roads around Derby are in a right state but there isn't much sign of anything being done about the potholes.

We're really looking forward to the 3rd Treffen. At the moment, we're working out where to go in the week beforehand. It's currently a toss-up between the western Lake District and going further up the NE coast and into southern Scotland.

Keith

post #9 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 9:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdoc
I know what you mean, Phil. The roads around Derby are in a right state but there isn't much sign of anything being done about the potholes.

We're really looking forward to the 3rd Treffen. At the moment, we're working out where to go in the week beforehand. It's currently a toss-up between the western Lake District and going further up the NE coast and into southern Scotland.

Keith
Its a a nice dilema to have though Keith we go up to Holy Island a few times a year. Berwick is also quite nice call into Beamish aswell the working museum might appeal to you if you haven't already been.
I am booked on a 2day event at Moffat in june with the bmw club here is a link to some places to visit and routes in southern scotland.
There are castle routes and scenic routes.
http://motorcyclescotland.co.uk/
post #10 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 9:57 am

Thanks, Phil. We've been to Beamish but it must be close to 20 years ago so I guess things must have changed a bit by now. I don't know south-east Scotland at all. The only time I ever went up that neck of the woods was when I used to occasionally visit a colliery on the outskirts of Edinburgh and it was easiest to go up the A1 and then go NW up the A68.

We've never been to the western part of Cumbria, either. Looking at the map, somewhere near Ambleside looks as if it would be a good, central point to stay. I've never done the Hardknott and Wrynose Passes on two wheels, although I have in the car, and it's a route I quite fancy riding.

Decisions! Decisions!

Keith

post #11 of 19 Old Jan 18th, 2011, 11:12 am

Here´s another excellent site about travelling in Scotland

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.com/
post #12 of 19 Old Jan 19th, 2011, 3:11 am

Nice one, Simon. That's another good website.

Keith

post #13 of 19 Old Jan 19th, 2011, 10:22 am

Lurking- but as a rider of an 1150RT theres generally less here for me to comment on...

Greetings all!

James
post #14 of 19 Old Jan 20th, 2011, 9:43 am

And still -10 -15C and a meeter of snow up here in Norway

But a new 1600 is coming this way in April - so I will start to make my 1200LT ready for sale.

But no riding up here before end of March - beginning of April!

Another thing is that there are so many sites out there now - so it's a little posting here and there.

A bit different when I put my st1100.org site up and running in 96 I think it was.
No Google etc - and you could feel pretty lonely

regards
STeinar
post #15 of 19 Old Jan 20th, 2011, 10:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremme

But a new 1600 is coming this way in April - so I will start to make my 1200LT ready for sale.

Another thing is that there are so many sites out there now - so it's a little posting here and there.

A bit different when I put my st1100.org site up and running in 96 I think it was.

regards
STeinar
I do hope the weather is good for you when you pick your new bike up there would be nothing worse than just sitting looking at it in the garage.
The weather is good here at the moment no white stuff but not sure if thats just the lull before the storm.
I did sit on the new 1600 at the bike show but was undecided about it I changed my lt last year for an rt prefer the comfort on the lt but like the lighter weight of the rt.
One thing I did like about the new bike is that it low great when your short legged.
Enjoy your new bike.
post #16 of 19 Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:00 am

Garage

Still here for a couple more weeks, then heading back to the US. Packed the bike up last week, it is somewhere in the north Atlantic heading towards Texas as I type this.

- Shannon

Heracleitus

'12 Victory Cross Country Vivian Vader
'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #17 of 19 Old Jan 20th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Shannon, may I ask you what shipping company you use and what do you pay for the shipment????

best regards from Bavaria

Rudy
"Winghunter"
Administrator and Chairman of the MTCG
The European Motorcycle Touring Community
Motorcycle Touring Club Germany

- Forum

post #18 of 19 Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:07 am

I remember the old st1100.org site STeinar, I STill have the ol' ST as well. STill the moST reliable bike I have ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremme

regards
STeinar

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #19 of 19 Old Jan 26th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Location: Lindlar, Nordrhein Westfalen, Deutschland / Germany
Smile Re: Anyone left in Europe

Nichts Schöneres gibt es wie eine LT !
Gutes und feines Aussehen , zuverlässig ,, weibliche Formen und , das ist sehr wichtig , sie gibt keine Wiederworte !!!
Winghunter , für die Überführung in die Staaten muß Du ca. 3000,00 € inkl. Deinen Flug rechnen . Für Australien das Gleiche , dann geht das Moped allerdings mit dem Schiff und dauert ca. 6 bis 7 Wochen . Ist aber nicht schlimm , da ja hier Winter ist .
Wenn Du Infos braucht, melde Dich !

Gruß an Alle !

Hartmut der Smutje
Wir sehen uns spätestens in Saltburn !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in