International LT Meetings - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Apr 17th, 2010, 3:22 am Thread Starter

International LT Meetings

Hi everybody around the globe.

I like to open a discussion since I realised some room for improvements when it comes to "International Meetings"

Every community is handling his own Meeting. Was there any action or activity in the past to get all communities together to celebrate a "real International LT Meeting"?????

I left a simular posting on the German LT forum since they will celebrate an international Meeting in May 2009 - but I just wondered if that is a real international Meeting?????

I also realised that all LT communities are doing their Meetings pretty much on their own.........

best regards from Bavaria

Rudy
"Winghunter"
Administrator and Chairman of the MTCG
The European Motorcycle Touring Community
Motorcycle Touring Club Germany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Apr 17th, 2010, 7:28 am

Re: International LT Meetings

Ari, who is a very important member and contributor to this board, as well as being an internationally renowned dog trainer, will no doubt give you more information about this event, as he is one of the main organisers and promoters of same.

http://sites.google.com/a/bmwkltibmixof.com/english/
post #3 of 10 Old Apr 17th, 2010, 7:38 am Thread Starter

Simon,thanks for your response. Now we got the nail on a point. I am told about the Meeting in Finlad. As far as I know this Meeting takes place every year in Finland. Same with the German one. They also call it an international Meeting but it is held every year in Germany. Sounds strange for my opinion.

Why not organise a Meeting somewhere else in Europe and contact all communities around and get them invited????

Excuse me guys from over the pond. May be I did use the wrong section of the Forum.

Rudy
"Winghunter"

- Forum

post #4 of 10 Old Apr 17th, 2010, 12:13 pm

Hi. On the behalf of BMWKLTIBMIxOF organizing committee (and Ari ) I do really wish all LT-owners welcome to Finland. This year we do arrange our annual event at eastern Finland. In the middle of lake district and wonderful curvy driving roads!

So far we have had riders from: Australia, UK, Belgium, Norway, Germany, Lithuania, USA, Latvia, Austria... (and who remembers them all )

http://gosaimaa.fi/?getLangIDx=en&page_id=394

http://sites.google.com/a/bmwkltibmixof.com/english/

Born to be wild so why not

post #5 of 10 Old Apr 17th, 2010, 12:28 pm Thread Starter

If so , I apologize. Looks like I was wrong with my statement.......

Rudy
"Winghunter"

- Forum

post #6 of 10 Old Apr 17th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Hi Rudy,

as my colleague Seppo already stated we do our utmost to make our event an International one. We even have our website presentation in 9 different languages...We have received extremely valuable help from foreign LT-riders for our text translations and they have also been marketing our event on their local forums.
We do realize however, that due to our location it takes some effort for our guests to come over but we are delighted that we have some friends from Germany coming over for the third time already.

I think that also the German LT-Treffen is turning a bit more international as well. This year being my fifth time to visit this event I have noticed that they nowadays have their registration forms in English as well as English translation on their website.

As far as organizing an event out of country...well, of course it would be possible but only as a joint venture with the locals. Without the help and exprtise of the natives organizing would be extremely difficult. It is time consuming enough when you do it in your country...

But if an international team would be organized for an international event, I would like to join the team for sure...

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

Pictures of various farkle projects:

post #7 of 10 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 7:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozo_izquierdo
But if an international team would be organized for an international event, I would like to join the team for sure...
I think we need to find a Central European mainland location, that everyone would be happy to travel too. For me to attend the Finnish LT meet, would be a 1800 Miles each way, so just to be there for 2 nights, I would have to travel 2 or 3 days in each direction. I don't mind 6 or 700 miles to a Rally, I can do that in a day. Maybe we need to plot our membership on a map ( those interested in a European meet) and find a suitable place for next year?

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #8 of 10 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 6:54 pm

There is a sizeable LT community in southern Europe ( Spain, Italy and Portugal ) so France or Southern Germany would be the best bet,
post #9 of 10 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 2:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncharles
There is a sizeable LT community in southern Europe ( Spain, Italy and Portugal ) so France or Southern Germany would be the best bet,
Those locations sound good, Southern Germany has some great locations, but already has a yearly rally at Garmisch, why not piggy back off that?

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #10 of 10 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 2:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards
I think we need to find a Central European mainland location, that everyone would be happy to travel too. ..... Maybe we need to plot our membership on a map ( those interested in a European meet) and find a suitable place for next year?
MTCE have recently done just that, and it worked well, and it was sent by email to members so info was privy to members only,

Also MTCE meeting in sardegna looks good,
MTCE Sardegna
Would attend that one myself, but already have something planed,
plus the UK Treffen,
UK Treffen
and a trip to France in June,
as well as just having a week in France last month on the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in