T2IBMWKLTToGB2010 - vote for what you want next year - BMW Luxury Touring Community
View Poll Results: What shall we do next year? (tick as many as you want)
Nothing - didn't work 0 0%
Exactly the same (may be difficult if it gets any bigger - but not impossible actually) 2 14.29%
Find another venue in Wales 5 35.71%
Find a venue in England 10 71.43%
Find a venue in Scotland 8 57.14%
Find a venue elsewhere 12 85.71%
Be more formal (organising commitee etc.) 1 7.14%
Keep it informal 10 71.43%
Block book a venue 8 57.14%
Use a location near good ride out area 10 71.43%
Have a prepay up front rule 7 50.00%
Have it over more days 9 64.29%
Have it again this year in September when the Hilton, the Ozzy BBQ cook arrives 5 35.71%
Open it up to other Lux BMWs (RTs etc.) 1 7.14%
Make sure there is a camping option 3 21.43%
Actually get round to organizing a tech session (sorry - no time this time) 3 21.43%
Treffen T-shirts? 9 64.29%
Treffen Sweat shirts? 7 50.00%
Treffen badges? 7 50.00%
Anything else - write your comments below............ 1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 10:27 am Thread Starter

T2IBMWKLTToGB2010 - vote for what you want next year

So - as the dust settles - do we want another UK Treffen?
If so where?
How organised should we be next time?
What worked, what didn't?
Lets us see........................

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 10:43 am

Re: T2IBMWKLTToGB2010 - vote for what you want next year

Lets start getting a list of possible locations as contenders for next years get together and then shortlist them. I realise that although not part of GB I would obviously like to propose Ireland to be added as a contender.

Mark
post #3 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 10:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmoloney
Lets start getting a list of possible locations as contenders for next years get together and then shortlist them. I realise that although not part of GB I would obviously like to propose Ireland to be added as a contender.

Mark
I think Ireland should be included in a list of possible locations for the 2010, lets say GB stands for "Great Biking" I enjoyed my trip to Cork and the Ring of Kerry, but I also love the lake distict and north yorkshire coast, so there are three possible locations.

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!

post #4 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 10:58 am Thread Starter

With you on Ireland - I was hoping 'elsewhere' would be taken that way.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 11:38 am

If we decide to go to Ireland then we have to make sure that the costs don't become so high that it will put off Continentals from coming because of the double ferry-crossing. It would mean that we'd absolutely have to have an early commitment - with the possibility of late-bookings - but if we could approach a ferry company with 20 or so bikes we ought to be able to negotiate a decent discount. The same would probably be true for booking hotels anywhere.

Early commitment could be important in deciding how the next one operates. It doesn't have to get very much bigger before catering is a problem, for example. Plenty of restaurants can cope with 20 people at once but far fewer would cope with 40 and splitting the party between two or more sites could easily make one heck of a difference to the atmosphere. Even eating in shifts would be better than that.

Things worked fantastically well this time - I'll confess it was a lot better than I expected at the beginning of the process as my posts from then will show - but the number of participants helped that. The more people we need to cater for, in every sense, the more formal the organisation will have to become. What I'd really hate to see would be a restriction on numbers to keep the event down to under 30 people, say. I had a whale of a time and I'd like other people to share that experience in future Treffens. If more want to come next time we ought to try our level best to let them take part.

As to having another event when Hilton is in the country, I'd be all for that. It would be nice to see everyone again and it might be an opportunity to firm up the plans to the 2010 Treffen.

Keith

UK 2004 K1200LT Lux - Katie

post #6 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 12:10 pm Thread Starter

With you on all that Keith.
I am very much into unorganisation / chaos / informal BUT, add 20 people to this years mix and I think we could have been in trouble.
As to Ireland, I did ask a few people about this and as we know, Germans are very much into the TT and that is a real costly trip. I am not sure it would dampen things much, it is a great chance to see a place I have not been to. All down to a good venue maybe. Phil has a great sounding location in mind, he will chip in at some point I am sure.
As Mark says, get a short list maybe and look at the pros and cons of each.
Whatever happens, I am up for more events/gatherings on the size we have just had here - that could be an ideal chance to get a bit more organized as you suggest, but we shouldn't rule out places / areas where people can't come over from for this.

post #7 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 12:51 pm

This year from Simonís first post on Jan 14th,
Fixing a date to Yosser booked in BB (Feb 3rd )
That give 6 month to spared the cost of even ferryís , so itís not too bad looking at it that way.
post #8 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Saltburn-by-the-sea
There is a Ciu Holiday and Convalescent centre by me that has just been opened up for this type of thing. I went to my mates wedding there just before christmas. There are about 35 rooms some single some double and the cost is at the moment £35 per person that includes full english and 3 course evening meal. ( I think I could get this price lowered depending on numbers to £30)
We would have our own bar which I believe is subsidised and there is a full size snooker table and games room available.
The Holiday centre is situated on the sea front and has a tarmac driveway infront of it, there is an entrance and exit and plenty of parking infront of the centre.No dodgy tight turns to get in or out.
Within easy reach of this location is the North Yorkshire moors and resorts such as Whitby Staithes Scarborough and Goathland (where Heartbeat is filmed).
The location is about 40 miles from Newcastle ferry and about 80 miles from Hull.
And yes I would be happy to go to another this year in september.
post #9 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

I happily accept what Rick and Carl have said about costs and I most certainly wasn't trying to rule Ireland out. It was more a case of Devil's Advocate, which I like to do to make sure that all aspects are considered.

I think if ever an Irish Treffen is held Ruth and I would almost certainly use it as an excuse to tag a longer break onto the back of it. We've not even scratched the surface with our one visit, especially as it was almost 20 years ago.

Keith

Last edited by Rockdoc; Jul 13th, 2009 at 1:11 pm.
post #10 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 1:18 pm Thread Starter

This sounds a great venue and we have enough details to know what we would be getting.
We have ages to decide, so maybe if we had a few more venues like this to decide from we could have a vote later in the year.
On the plus - the price of this one seems hard to beat, I know the moors have excellent routes, maybe a ride out on any day other than a weekend and we could avoid all the holiday traffic.
Maybe the bar has been set on this one for others to try and beat.
Shall we set a date for other venues to be found before a vote? As I say, we really do have ages yet.

As for T1.5IBMWKLTToGB2009b - I will see when Hilton is planning to land here and let you all know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philh24
Saltburn-by-the-sea
There is a Ciu Holiday and Convalescent centre by me that has just been opened up for this type of thing. I went to my mates wedding there just before christmas. There are about 35 rooms some single some double and the cost is at the moment £35 per person that includes full english and 3 course evening meal. ( I think I could get this price lowered depending on numbers to £30)
We would have our own bar which I believe is subsidised and there is a full size snooker table and games room available.
The Holiday centre is situated on the sea front and has a tarmac driveway infront of it, there is an entrance and exit and plenty of parking infront of the centre.No dodgy tight turns to get in or out.
Within easy reach of this location is the North Yorkshire moors and resorts such as Whitby Staithes Scarborough and Goathland (where Heartbeat is filmed).
The location is about 40 miles from Newcastle ferry and about 80 miles from Hull.
And yes I would be happy to go to another this year in september.

post #11 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 1:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00k1e
Shall we set a date for other venues to be found before a vote? As I say, we really do have ages yet.
Three months for ideas to come in and a month to vote? In any case, none of the work need be wasted. If they're half decent they can be used for future venues.

Keith

post #12 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 1:49 pm

As far as the Europeans getting to Ireland they actually only need to take one ferry from France to Ireland. They dont need to go through the UK.

How about 2 treffens a year. A UK based one and a non UK based one. One in Early June next year, location yet to be decided and one in September this year at Phil's suggested location.
post #13 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Phil's suggestive format sounds good, quite cheap hassle free to organise how easy elsewhere? Dont know the area but had never been to Abermid Wales either!

Other bike clubs (Harley's annually) visit west Doset (Weymouth) and stay at Warmwell a few miles from me, not been there, so will investigate further to see how feasible the options are there. From New Forest west to Bridport, upto Salisbury across to Blandford there's quite a few places to visit.

What are people looking for?

With a lot of these things the actual place becomes secondary its more about the people?

Overall costs have to be an issue but so to the logistics, comfort and ease.
Also duration, what time constraints do all have?

Small numbers and the number of relatively easy places to stay near Cookie worked well, with reasonable pricing. Some more touristy places could be a lot higher for accom etc and require more formality and pre booking.

The all stay in one place would make it quite sociable.

I know Ireland was mentioned as an option, but if there was any interest in Dorset then can investigate for the group, equally further afield say a Battlefield tour around Ypres in Belgium would also be interesting. Have been there numerous times only once by bike over 20 years ago.

Perhaps the ones outside UK should be 'additional' type trips?

Just a few ramblings from me,

Cheers for now

Steve

1982 Yamaha Fizzy
1983 RS100 (acquired desire for a BMW K100)
1983 RD250
1985 RD350LC YPVS I and DT175
1985 - 1990 no bike
1990 250 Honda for 4 weeks then RD350LC YPVS II
1994 4 year diversion to a TVR S1
1998? Fazer 600
2001 Fazer 1000
2003 FJR1300
2005 to date K1200 LT SE - got there 22 years later....
plus in 2007 Honda XR 125 for the local summer traffic
post #14 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-Dorset
Phil's suggestive format sounds good, quite cheap hassle free to organise how easy elsewhere? Dont know the area but had never been to Abermid Wales either!

Other bike clubs (Harley's annually) visit west Doset (Weymouth) and stay at Warmwell a few miles from me, not been there, so will investigate further to see how feasible the options are there. From New Forest west to Bridport, upto Salisbury across to Blandford there's quite a few places to visit.

What are people looking for?

With a lot of these things the actual place becomes secondary its more about the people?

Overall costs have to be an issue but so to the logistics, comfort and ease.
Also duration, what time constraints do all have?

Small numbers and the number of relatively easy places to stay near Cookie worked well, with reasonable pricing. Some more touristy places could be a lot higher for accom etc and require more formality and pre booking.

The all stay in one place would make it quite sociable.

I know Ireland was mentioned as an option, but if there was any interest in Dorset then can investigate for the group, equally further afield say a Battlefield tour around Ypres in Belgium would also be interesting. Have been there numerous times only once by bike over 20 years ago.

Perhaps the ones outside UK should be 'additional' type trips?

Just a few ramblings from me,

Cheers for now

Steve

I like the idea of that, always wanted to do a Battlefield Tour!
makes you think, why the UK members havenít been doing this before?
Maybe because itís us doing it for ourselves,
I also think that itís a case of which order we go through the nominations because they all sound inviting. So keep them coming...
post #15 of 42 Old Jul 13th, 2009, 6:51 pm

I quite fancy the battlefield tour aswell perhaps that could be another trip that those interested could get working on this is starting to branch out down more avenues now.
post #16 of 42 Old Jul 14th, 2009, 2:38 am

A battlefield tour would be a different animal because it could be as long or short as people wanted. In WW1, the trenches ran from the Belgian coast to the Swiss border and there are things to see along many parts. As my Grandfather was an Artilleryman, we've made a few trips but haven't seen anything like everything that we could have done. Then there are the WW2 sites.....

Ieper (Ypres) is one place no-one should miss. There are many sites around it and the Last Post ceremony at the Menen Gate - held every evening since the twenties except for the German occupation in WW2 - is incredibly moving. There's a preserved trench to the north (Yorkshire Trench) that feels astonishingly narrow and Tyne Cot memorial, built when the Menen Gate was filled with the names of the dead with no known grave.

They have recently opened tunnels and caves dug in the chalk beneath Arras where the Tommies lived and waited before they emerged, right in font of the Gerrman trenches. Loos makes you gobsmacked that any soldier could have had the courage to attack over ground that is as flat as a billiard table. Verdun was a killing ground for the Germans and the French and the area around the forts is eerie.

From WW2 there are two V2 launch sites near Calais and the Normandy beaches are worth seeing. As you can tell, that's not something I've researched!

From whichever war, the cemeteries at almost every town and village, whether French, the Empire or German, are poignant reminders of the futility of war.

There is so much to see we'd need to settle on the length of the trip and the area before going any further.

Keith

post #17 of 42 Old Jul 14th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Outside of towns where I have lived I have spent more time in and walking around Ypres than any other place. Every Ascension Bank holiday weekend (date varies in May) there is an organised event called the 100Km van Ieper, a 100Km walk over 3 days around the town visiting many battlefield areas, museums, cemeteries etc. I think I had done this 16/17 times during '84 - 2000.
To stand under the Menin Gate at 8pm when the Last Post is played is very moving.
To have taken part in numerous military parades marching around the town & square in best uniform and medals to form up under the Menin Gate for 8pm was an honour and pride for all.

If you have never been to Ypres you should go, very interesting, educational, very humbling, to see the same sites year on year was never boring.

To visit so many immaculate cemeteries could be off putting for some, but full of history and heroes. Near Ypres you can visit 'the only double VC winner to have both engraved on his headstone Capt Chavasse - RAMC. Many too with poignant inscriptions, and also those 'shot at dawn'.

Will be a sad day too when the last of the living veterans passes.

Ypres would make a good base with a number of ride outs possible and as a town has some great little restaurants and bars another reason for going back so often!
I'm long overdue to go back and although I will go in 5 years time would be good to go on the LT.

However, it was whilst returning after my second visit to Ypres in '85 on an RD350PVS that I almost died....fatigue and the 'not so' invincibility of youth.
So if you ever want to know the consequences of riding tired, dont!
For me it was 8 1/2 weeks in hospital, half of which was bed ridden the other in a wheelchair. So if you have ever experienced that split second 'nod' whilst driving a car, believe me it is also possible on a bike !
60mph head on into a car doing 60 mph... I'm told was not pretty, how I survived I dont know, as I cant believe too many can tell this tale, and despite numerous metal inserts I went onto run several marathons. It was also a big reason for returning to Ypres.

So in planning these Treffens we should be mindful of time and distances for all involved.

Cheers

Steve

1982 Yamaha Fizzy
1983 RS100 (acquired desire for a BMW K100)
1983 RD250
1985 RD350LC YPVS I and DT175
1985 - 1990 no bike
1990 250 Honda for 4 weeks then RD350LC YPVS II
1994 4 year diversion to a TVR S1
1998? Fazer 600
2001 Fazer 1000
2003 FJR1300
2005 to date K1200 LT SE - got there 22 years later....
plus in 2007 Honda XR 125 for the local summer traffic
post #18 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 5:33 am Thread Starter

Every year I go to Belgium to a Treffen run by MTC Zedelgem. They are a serious long distance club and have a number of LTs.
It is just a short ride to Ypres from the site and many people take the trip on their motorbikes to the Menin Gate for 8pm at some point over the long weekend (site usually available from Wednesday and finishes Monday). Also a short bus ride into Brugges.
It is an invitation only treffen - but I can get entrance to all who came this weekend. This year cost just 45 Euros inc. breakfasts and other things.
Could be an excellent opertunity to have a long ride out, visit the places mentioned above, see one of Europes most beutiful cities, AND let someone else do all the organising!

post #19 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 5:54 am

Didn't you say that was camping only, Rick? No good to Ruth and I, then.

Keith

post #20 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 6:35 am Thread Starter

It is a Tententreffen, but other accommodation is available in the village that the event is held. An excellent guest house just across the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdoc
Didn't you say that was camping only, Rick? No good to Ruth and I, then.

Keith

post #21 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 11:11 am

Hallo to you all!

I can not beleve what i am reading all here !!!!!
Still deeply impressed from the weekend and you all are dicussing for the next year.

All ideas have an interresting side even to go to Ireland.

I will follow the discussion.

Best regs to you all and thanks for the weekend
JŁrgen
post #22 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 3:29 pm

Did the beaches last year, http://gazza.smugmug.com/gallery/7154125_nrNpk#P-1-25

I will try and make the whole trip next time, dont mind where.

Gazza

post #23 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Pity you couldn't stick around, Gazza. Hope Sue's OK now.

Keith

post #24 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 4:00 pm

She's fine now Keith thanks.

Gazza

post #25 of 42 Old Jul 15th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Glad your wife better didnt get much chance to speak to you, just looked at your photo's got to go now they've made my mind up for me.
post #26 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 11:00 am

Quote:
With you on Ireland - I was hoping 'elsewhere' would be taken that way.

Rick, do you want to change "Elsewhere" to read "Ireland" in the poll options in order to be more specific ?, otherwise we will need an additional poll to decide where elsewhere is going to be.

Mark
post #27 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 11:23 am Thread Starter

Can't edit it now unfortunately. But if we get a firm few venues to choose from we can do a proper vote on them later.
Do you know of any venues that could take between 30 and 100 people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmoloney
Rick, do you want to change "Elsewhere" to read "Ireland" in the poll options in order to be more specific ?, otherwise we will need an additional poll to decide where elsewhere is going to be.

Mark

post #28 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 11:28 am Thread Starter

Of course there is an option that we haven't discussed;
We could have 4 rallies this side of the Channel. One in Scotland, one in England, One in Wales and one in Ireland.
That would quite possibly keep them small and friendly (if that is what was wanted) and give the nutters like myself 4 weekends to look forward to! Venues would be easier to find and the ride outs similar to what we had this time.
Maybe when we get a list of possible venues, we could add this as an option.

post #29 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:12 pm

The drawback is that you'd run out of venues and people to do the organisation that much quicker, Rick. Ruth and I have some ideas for a Treffen in the Peak District and I've already go an excellent ride-out laid out on the map. To try and find some reasonably-priced accommodation we were considering driving to the Tourist Information Centres at Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton to see what they could suggest. We don't mind when it's held over here but I think it's a lot to ask of people to organise four a year every year. There aren't that many of us in total and I don't think it would be as easy to organise one all that far from where you live. With Gazza and I living not too far apart that makes it that much harder for us to both come up wih a Treffen wihout overlapping to some extent so that reduces things a little, too.

A formal Treffen once a year and an open-house weekend with a BBQ, as this year looks as if it'll work out, seems like a good compromise to me.

Keith

post #30 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 12:50 pm Thread Starter

Yep - just me making sure we have thought of all options and not rulled anything out yet.
Another thing that occurred to me as I booked a caravan for a wedding for tomorrow - static caravan sites. They rent the things out by the weekend at some places and if booked early enough, would be an excellent, scalable form of accommodation.

post #31 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Quote:
Yep - just me making sure we have thought of all options and not rulled anything out yet.
That's always a good idea. No arguments from me in that area.
Quote:
Another thing that occurred to me as I booked a caravan for a wedding for tomorrow - static caravan sites. They rent the things out by the weekend at some places and if booked early enough, would be an excellent, scalable form of accommodation.
That's not a bad idea at all so long as there's a chance for the organiser to see a few examples. We once went on a weekend in that type of accommodation and the variation in quality and cleanliness was astonishingly. Our van was fine but another was so grim that the family using it spent most of the first night cleaning it from top to bottom.

Keith

post #32 of 42 Old Jul 16th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdoc

A formal Treffen once a year and an open-house weekend with a BBQ, as this year looks as if it'll work out, seems like a good compromise to me.

Keith
This sounds about right, we only need one "Treffen "once a year, others can be BBQís, weekend breaks, rides out, get together ect. Anything the host would like to call it,
Host can suggest a weekend and take it from there..
post #33 of 42 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 3:17 am

Quote:
Can't edit it now unfortunately. But if we get a firm few venues to choose from we can do a proper vote on them later.
Do you know of any venues that could take between 30 and 100 people?

Yes there would be places like this around Ireland.

M
post #34 of 42 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 8:26 am

Should be ready for anywhere soon get me bike back next week there is a break in one of the cables or plugs going to the fuel pump this apparently was why the fault was intermittant.At least the fault was still there this time when they got the bike into the workshop usually its working fine again.
post #35 of 42 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 1:04 pm

Hi Phil !!!
Good to hear that they can repair that in a short time.
Even the failiure of my Nav. Sys was a broken cable. Hope P & O will pay for it.
See you at next year at least.
Rgs JŁrgen
post #36 of 42 Old Jul 18th, 2009, 5:32 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philh24
Should be ready for anywhere soon get me bike back next week there is a break in one of the cables or plugs going to the fuel pump this apparently was why the fault was intermittant.At least the fault was still there this time when they got the bike into the workshop usually its working fine again.
I, too, am very glad that it seems to be a simple fix! Heidi and I look forward to actually being able to ride with you and Sara(h) next year!

~Shannon

Heracleitus

'12 Victory Cross Country Vivian Vader
'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #37 of 42 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 6:31 pm Thread Starter

Hi all,
Been a bit quiet here on next years rally, but rather than let it die off (as it did for a few years in a row!), I think we should try to get things moving forward. We need to agree;
1. a rough date
2. a venue
3. details

So how about setting a date for some details on alternative venues.
Phil has given us enough details to decide on his area, so unless we are going to just go for that one (which I would be absolutely fine with myself), we would need venue details, rough price and numbers that could be accommodated. A general "what is good about this area" would also give us something to consider.

How about we leave this open for 2 weeks and see what comes up?

(btw, Steve, I am not ignoring the ride out/battlefield idea - just seems something quite different from a GB Treffen - I would be up for a ride out/tour like that as well).

post #38 of 42 Old Aug 4th, 2009, 2:51 am

Phil's idea is the well-formed, the area's good and will take some beating by anyone else so I'd favour going with that for next year. I agree with you, Rick, that getting something selected ASAP is what we should aim for so we can push it for all it's worth.

I've looked at the Peak District and have a route for a run plotted out but haven't done anything about accommodation yet. In an area like the PD, the chances are the costs will be a bit higher as it's a tourist hot-spot. To find something cheaper we might have to look at some of the smaller towns and villages but to proceed much further we'd need to be able to come up with a rough estimate of potential numbers. As was said before, once you get much over 20, eating together becomes more difficult to arrange. Aalthough doing it in shifts would be a feasible alternative if the rest can sit and chat somewhere comfortable, that does start to push towards a large hotel, doesn't it, because not all of us are going to live close enough to host a barbie?

While not suggesting we put a cap on numbers, what sort of scale of accommodation do people think we should be working with? I'd say not less than 30 people in 20 rooms and up to 50 people in 35 rooms. Any thoughts?

Keith

post #39 of 42 Old Aug 10th, 2009, 9:45 am

I think that those numbers are about right Keith the place I had in mind could cope with that.I do no that when I was last there the meal was for 80 and could have coped with more quite easily.The only trouble with my venue is that there are no camping sites nearby unless you camp on the beach 100 yds away.
post #40 of 42 Old Aug 10th, 2009, 11:56 am Thread Starter

I don't think the camping is an issue when the the prices you were talking about were so good. I love camping, but if an alternative is available, I'd take it every time.

One week to deadline - is anyone else actually looking for another venue?

post #41 of 42 Old Aug 10th, 2009, 4:12 pm

I noticed that most LT owners were from Italy when I was in Garmisch a few years ago. Therefore, I would pick a place somewhere between Italy and England and not at the same time as Italian LT meeting. Just as a thought!!!!

Quote:
So - as the dust settles - do we want another UK Treffen?
If so where?
How organised should we be next time?
What worked, what didn't?
Lets us see........................

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #42 of 42 Old Aug 14th, 2009, 10:14 am Thread Starter

Deadline approaching (Monday) - if no alterntives appear, we are off to sunny Saltburn-by-the-sea next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in