Ex LT owner (UK)remembers - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ronslaverda

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 18th, 2016, 5:38 am Thread Starter

Ex LT owner (UK)remembers

Hi All,
I sold my LT in October 2012 as I was finding it a bit to heavy and pretty expensive to keep running.
My wife and I will never forget the wonderful Treffens we attended at Saltburn on sea which we enjoyed enormously, meeting some lovely people that became good friends.
I moved on to a Honda Silver Wing Maxi Scooter which I enjoyed riding very much but I found that when I took a pillion passenger that I felt a bit nervous re balancing at zero or very low speed.
I think it is due to my age because with age ability to balance diminishes.
I have now moved on to a Peugeot Metropolis 3 wheeled scooter.
The reason I am posting this is I occasionally look at the European section of the Forum and I have noticed that none of the people I got to know in the UK seems to post now, I think it is probably due to the demise of the Treffens held at Saltburn.
Pat and I would like to thank Phil & Sarah who organised the Treffens in Saltburn for giving us the opportunity of attending these events, also I wish any of the attendees who may read this all the best, finally I would like to thank the Administrators of this Forum for providing BMW owners such a wonderful tool.
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 20th, 2016, 4:11 am

Re: Ex LT owner (UK)remembers

I'm still here, Ron, and still riding my LT but this area does seem low-traffic these days. Phil now rides a triked Gold Wing.

Keith

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UK 2004 K1200LT Lux - Katie

post #3 of 3 Old May 24th, 2016, 3:50 am Thread Starter

Re: Ex LT owner (UK)remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdoc View Post
I'm still here, Ron, and still riding my LT but this area does seem low-traffic these days. Phil now rides a triked Gold Wing.

Keith
Hi,
Glad to hear that you are both still riding the LT.
Pat and I did see Phils trike when we came to the last treffen at Saltburn and in fact went for a ride on it..
My latest toy is so much less demanding than the LT which I must admit was an impulse buy and was always really to big for me.
Riding the LT on an open road I enjoyed, getting into a traffic jam I found a nightmare.
I will continue to occasionally sign in to the Forum as I am still interested.
My memories of the Saltburn meetings is something I will always reflect on with great pleasure, the weather not so much, but that didn't matter to much.
Regards Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in